From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up gibbon in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gibbon is a family of apes; it may also refer to:
- Edward Gibbon (1737–1794), English historian and MP
- Edward Gibbon Wakefield (1796–1862), British politician
- Edward Howard-Gibbon (1799–1849), English surgeon, lawyer, and officer of arms
- John Gibbon (1827-1896), United States Army officer
- John Heysham Gibbon (1903-1973), US surgeon and inventor of the heart-lung machine
- Lardner A. Gibbon (Aug. 13, 1820 - Jan. 10, 1910), US Navy lieutenant, Amazon explorer, co-author of Exploration of the Valley of the Amazon.
- Lewis Grassic Gibbon (1901–1935), Scottish writer
- Ray Gibbon (died 1999), former mayor of St. Albert, Canada
- Roger Gibbon (born 1944), track cyclist from Trinidad and Tobago
- William Monk Gibbon (1896–1987), Irish poet and prolific author
- Gibbon, Minnesota, USA
- Gibbon, Nebraska, USA
- Gibbon, Oregon, USA
- Gibbon Bay, South Orkney Islands, Antarctica
- Ray Gibbon Drive, St Albert, Canada
- Gibbon (comics), character in Marvel Comics' Spider-Man titles
- Gibbon, a Death Eater character in Harry Potter
- scallion, an edible plant with hollow green leaves
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.