Gibson Southern High School
|Gibson Southern High School|
|3499 W 800 S
(3499 W Coal Mine Road)
Fort Branch, Indiana, 47648
|Opened||August 1974|
|School district||South Gibson School Corporation|
|Principal||Scott Reid |
|Number of students||683|
|Average class size||22.9|
(Increasingly used in place of white)
|Song||Gibson Southern, Gibson Southern, set to the Minnesota Rouser|
|Athletics conference||IHSAA 3A
Pocket Athletic Conference
|Website||Gibson Southern High School|
Completed in 1974, Gibson Southern was created as a consolidation of Fort Branch Community School, Haubstadt Johnson, and Owensville Montgomery High Schools. Gibson Southern High School graduated its first class of Seniors in the Spring of 1975.
Three junior high schools feed into Gibson Southern to form its student body: Fort Branch Community School, Haubstadt Community School and Owensville Community School. Gibson Southern and these three community schools are the schools which compromise the South Gibson School Corporation.
In 1974, Gibson Southern was originally a member of the Pocket Athletic Conference (PAC). In 1980, the school left the PAC to form the Big 8 Conference with 7 former Southern Indiana Athletic Conference schools. In 1992, Gibson Southern left the Big 8 to rejoin the PAC.
The school won state championships in softball in both 2003 and 2005 and State Runner-Ups in 2001 and 2014.
The Titan football team has won the regional title two years in a row; 2012 and 2013.
The Lady Titan soccer team finished state runner-up in 2013.
The Titan Baseball team finished runner-up in 2014.
The Academic Spell Bowl team won its first and last ever state championship at Purdue University. The previous two years the team placed third. 
The Marching Titans won the ISSMA State Championship in Class C in 2001, 2004, and 2007. In 2010, the Marching Titans was the smallest band, consisting of only 22 members, to make it to Indiana State School Music Association State Finals in Class C. In 2013, The Marching Titans program disbanded, instead focusing on concert band, due to declining participation.
In March 2012, GSHS Theater was one of only 20 departments nationwide to put on a production of Legally Blonde.
- Casey Whitten (1990) 2nd Rd pick (53rd overall) - Cleveland Indians draft pick
- Eric Campbell (2004) - Atlanta Braves No. 1 pick
- "Gibson Southern High School". NCES. Retrieved 5 April 2010.
- IHSSA Membership Guide (Indiana High School Athletic Association): 55. 2009 http://www.ihsaa.org/dnn/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=s_vFIg5iTiM%3d&tabid=585
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- South Gibson School Corporation
-  Indiana Department of Education]
- Gibson Southern High School Website
- Public School Review - Gibson Southern HS
- Indiana School Tree.org - Gibson Southern HS
- List of Schools in Gibson County - Indiana Department of Education
- Gibson Southern's Indiana Department of Education Profile