|County||Allegheny County, Pennsylvania|
|- summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|School District||Pine-Richland School District, Deer Lakes School District, Hampton Township School District, Mars Area School District|
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Gibsonia is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Richland Township, Pine Township, West Deer Township, Adams Township, and Hampton Township, within Allegheny County and Butler County in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania, north of the city of Pittsburgh. It had a population of 27,049 at the 2010 Census. Its ZIP Code is 15044.
Gibsonia is located in the townships of Richland, Pine, West Deer, Adams, and Hampton, and it is 16 miles (26 km) north of downtown Pittsburgh. The CDP's elevation is 1,037 feet (316 m) above sea level. Gibsonia appears on the Valencia U.S. Geological Survey Map. Both Allegheny and Butler County are in the Eastern time zone (GMT -5).
Gibsonia was named in honor of the Gibson family who settled the area; their original house is still standing. The early history of Gibsonia is, naturally enough, interwoven with the history of the Gibson family. About the time of the Civil War, Charles Gibson, Jr., built on Grubbs Road the first steam flour mill west of the Alleghenies. His granddaughter, Nancy Gibson James, recalls hearing her uncle tell of the farmers riding to the mill with sacks of grain across the saddles. The Gibson family homestead was built by her grandfather, Charles Gibson, Jr., in 1839. Just below the home, near the railroad crossing, still remains the foundation of Charles Gibson's general store. This building, destroyed by fire in 1908, besides housing the store was also the first Post Office in Gibsonia. For about ten years before it burned it was in use as a mission of the Christian & Missionary Alliance Church. http://richland.pa.us/Township_History/
It is the home of the Western Pennsylvania Model Railroad Museum.
The area around Gibsonia is mainly located in the Pine-Richland School District, as well as the Hampton Township School District, Deer Lakes School District, and a small portion of the Mars Area School District. According to Greatschools.com, Pine-Richland School District ranks 10/10, Hampton Township School District ranks 10/10, Deer Lakes School District ranks 7/10, and Mars Area School District ranks 9/10 based on academic performance on state tests.
Gibsonia also is the location of the Aquinas Academy of Pittsburgh. It is a private school serving PreK through Grade 12.
Gibsonia is also the future site of Chatham University's Eden Hall campus. This campus will be used for various environmental studies, and as a community college for Gibsonia.
Gibsonia is home to many offerings for local shoppers. The Richland Mall is located on Route 8. Shops located in this mall are Shop 'n Save, Kohl's, T.J. Maxx, Emiliano's Mexican Restaurant & Bar, and more. Route 8 is also home to much more than just the Richland Mall. There is also a Walmart, Econo Lodge, Max & Erma's, The North Park Club House, All Pet Animal Hospital, Advance Auto Parts, Award & More, Rite Aid, Lin's Garden, Kings Family Restaurants, Giant Eagle, Starbucks, Adrian's Pizza, Dunham's Sports, various fast food restaurants, and more. Late in the 2000s, a new shopping complex was built along Route 8 in Gibsonia. It is located near the border of Bakerstown next to the Grandview neighborhood of Gibsonia. This new shopping mall is home to a Target, Buffalo Wild Wings, Lowe's, GameStop, Sally's Beauty Supply, Applebee's, Sonic Drive-In, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Famous Footwear, and a PNC Bank. The Treesdale neighborhood of Gibsonia is also home to a few local offerings, such as Luca's Bistro, Lamparski Orthodontics, and Salon Vivace to name a few.
Notable natives and residents 
- Joseph Barron (opera singer), winner of the 58th Metropolitan Opera National Council Competition
- Erik Buell, founder, Erik Buell Racing; CTO, Buell Motorcycle Company
- Jackie Evancho, classical crossover singer; America's Got Talent (season 5) runner-up, youngest person ever with a solo platinum album and ever in the Billboard 200 top 10
- Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback
- Brandon Saad, Chicago Blackhawks prospect
- Neil Walker, Pittsburgh Pirates second baseman
- Fran Rogel, Penn State and Pittsburgh Steeler All-Pro running back
- Jonas Salk lived there when he discovered the cure for Polio
- Joe Trees, industrialist and noted philanthropist, his 2,600-acre (11 km2) estate in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania was devoted to a large extent to fruit trees.
- Alexandra Knapp, Dancer at the New York City Joffrey Ballet School
- "Gibsonia CDP, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- see here: http://richland.pa.us/Township_History/
- Pine-Richland School District, Nov,1-2010
- Hampton Township School District, Oct-29,-2010
- Deer Lakes School District, Oct-28,-2010
- Pine-Richland School District rankings
- Hampton Township School District rankings
- Deer Lakes School District rankings
-  Aquinas Academy website
-  Chatham University website Eden Hall future campus
- News Metropolitan Opera Announces 2011 National Council Auditions