Giedraitis (Polish: Giedroyć) is the name of a Lithuanian noble family, most probably dating back to the time of Mindaugas, although it has no connections with him. No reliable information about the earliest members of the family has survived; when the family name started to appear in written sources in the early 15th century, the precise connections between all its members were already impossible to establish. According to the 16th century Lithuanian Chronicle, they are descendants of duke Giedrius, a brother of Narimantas and Grand Duke of Lithuania Traidenis.
The family's original domain was the Lithuanian town of Giedraičiai.
- Jerzy Giedroyc (1906 - 2000), Polish writer and political activist
- Vera Gedroitz (1870 - 1932), Lithuanian princess, surgeon and amateur poet.
- Coky Giedroyc, English film director (Sherlock)
- Genealogy of the Giedraitis family
- (Lithuanian) A bit on family by Lithuanian historian Zenonas Ivinskis
|This biographical article about a member of the Lithuanian nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Lithuanian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|