Early life and education
His poetry works include Poems, first launched by Nissim Ezekiel followed by How Do You Withstand, Body and Mirrored Mirroring. His plays include Princes, Savaksa and Mr Behram.
He held his first show in Mumbai in 1966 that went on to have several major exhibitions in India and abroad. Patel participated in the Menton Biemale, France in 1976. India, Myth and Reality, Oxford in 1982; Contemporary Indian Art, Royal Academy, London 1982.Patel belongs to that avant-garde grouping of artists based in Bombay and Baroda.
He has also exhibited for Contemporary Indian Art, Grey Art Gallery, New York, 1985, Indian Art from the Herwitz collection Worcester Art Museum, Massachusetts, 1985 and 'Coups de Coeur' Geneva, 1987.
- Mirrored, Mirroring. (Poetry in English). Oxford University Press, 1991
- How Do You Withstand, Body. (Poetry in English). Clearing House, 1976
- Poems. (Poetry in English). Brought out by Nissim Ezekiel, 1966
- University. (Poetry in English)
- Holland Cotter (February 24, 2006). "Art in Review; Gieve Patel and Sudhir Patwardhan". New York Times. Retrieved Feb 1, 2013.
- About Gieve Patel
- *Images of Survival and Transcendence: Exhibition Review by Ranjit Hoskote
- *In conversation with Arundhathi Subramaniam
|This article about a poet from India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an artist from India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|