Gift of Screws
|Gift of Screws|
|Studio album by Lindsey Buckingham|
|Released||September 15, 2008|
|Recorded||1995 - 2008|
|Lindsey Buckingham chronology|
The album title existed as a solo album set for release in 2001 by Reprise Records. Songs were recorded between 1995 and 2000, some of which were performed and recorded live by Fleetwood Mac for their The Dance album and tour in 1997. They also feature contributions from bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie.
Upon presenting the finished album to Reprise, Buckingham was advised to retain some of the material for a forthcoming Fleetwood Mac album. To this end, Buckingham contributed several of the songs towards the 2003 album Say You Will and ultimately his next solo project, Under the Skin, released in 2006.
Buckingham mentioned in several interviews upon the release of Under the Skin that his next album was to be more rock-oriented and would possibly feature contributions from Fleetwood and McVie.
The album features a song co-written with Buckingham's son Will and two songs co-written with his wife Kristen, who is also credited with the album's photography.
All tracks written by Lindsey Buckingham except where noted.
- "Great Day" (Buckingham, Will Buckingham) – 3:15
- "Time Precious Time" – 4:27
- "Did You Miss Me" (Buckingham, Kristen Buckingham) – 3:58
- "Wait for You" – 5:02
- "Love Runs Deeper" (Buckingham, Kristen Buckingham) – 3:58
- "Bel Air Rain" – 3:52
- "The Right Place to Fade" – 4:05
- "Gift of Screws" – 2:56
- "Underground" – 3:02
- "Treason" – 4:28
Bootleg Track Listing
- "Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind" (released on Under the Skin)
- "Miranda" (released on Fleetwood Mac's Say You Will)
- "Steal Your Heart Away" (released on Say You Will)
- "Red Rover" (released on Say You Will)
- "She Smiled Sweetly" (Rolling Stones cover) (released on Seeds We Sow)
- "Come" (released on Say You Will)
- "Down on Rodeo" (released on Under the Skin)
- "Gotta Get Away" (Rolling Stones cover)
- "Try for the Sun" (released on Under the Skin as "To Try for the Sun")
- "Shuffle Riff" (aka Wait for You)
- "Murrow" (released on Say You Will as "Murrow Turning Over in His Grave")
- "Gift of Screws"
- "Bleed to Love Her" (live version released on The Dance, studio version released on Say You Will)
- "Twist of Fate" (aka "The Right Place to Fade")
- "Go Insane"
- "Say Goodbye" (released on Say You Will)
- "The Singer Not the Song" (Rolling Stones Cover)
- All Tracks Performed by Lindsey Buckingham except:
- Walfredo Reyes - Drums on Track #3 & Track #5
- John McVie - Bass on Track #4 and Track #8
- Mick Fleetwood - Drums & Percussion on Track #4, Track #7, and Track #8
- John Pierce - Bass on Track #7
- All Tracks Produced and Mixed by Lindsey Buckingham except:
- Track #4 - Produced by Rob Cavallo & Lindsey Buckingham, Mixed by Mark Needham
- Track #8 - Produced by Rob Cavallo & Lindsey Buckingham
- All track Engineered by Lindsey Buckingham, Ken Allardyce, and Mark Needham
- Mastered by Bernie Grundman, Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Art Direction by Jeri Heiden, Smog Design
- Design by Jeri Heiden and Nick Steinhardt
- Photography by Kristen Buckingham
- Additional Photography by Jeff Gros
 Lindsey Buckingham official website, accessed July 12, 2008