|Type of site||Technology news and analysis|
|Created by||Om Malik and others|
Gigaom is a blog-related media company started by Om Malik in San Francisco, California. The blog offers news, analysis, and opinions on startups, emerging technologies, and other technology related topics. It is listed on CNet's Blog 100 list.
Gigaom originally integrated a number of other technology-related blogs and services into its network. In 2011, Gigaom consolidated this network of blogs and rebranded all of them as separate topic channels on gigaom.com. Gigaom now has channels dedicated to technology news, Apple, cleantech, cloud, data, Europe, mobile, and video.
In June 2006, Malik left his day job to work on Gigaom full-time.
Since 2006, Gigaom has organized technology conferences under the banner Gigaom Events. The events division now produces six events annually: Gigaom RoadMap, paidContent Live, Mobilize, and the Structure series (Structure, Structure:Data and Structure:Europe).
In 2012 the company reported having a monthly global audience of 5.5 million.
- "About GigaOM". GigaOM. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "Blog 100 Index". CNET.
- "Om money, Om problems". Valleywag. June 13, 2006. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "GigaOM's Mobilize 09 - the 100-word version". VentureBeat. September 10, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- "GigaOM Events". GigaOM.
- "We Have a New CEO!". GigaOM. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "Meet GigaOM Pro, Our Subscription-Only Research Service". GigaOM. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "GigaOM Acquires paidContent". New York Times. February 8, 2012. Retrieved 2013-07-31.