||This this is basically a citation from its own website and disreputable commercial sites needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (September 2012)|
|Type of site||Web 2.0 Blog|
|Created by||Om Malik and others|
GigaOM is a technology blog started by Om Malik and published by Giga Omni Media, Inc. in San Francisco, California. It offers news, analysis, and opinions on startups, Web 2.0, online games, and other technology related topics.
In June 2006, Malik left his day job to work on GigaOM full-time.
According to the company website it has a monthly global audience of 4 million. It is among the top 50 blogs worldwide by Technorati Rank[clarification needed], and is listed on CNet's Blog 100 list. In May 2010, GigaOm was named Finalist in Lead411's list of the “2010 Hottest San Francisco Companies”.
GigaOM network 
GigaOM integrates a number of other blogs and services into its network. These include:
- WebWorkerDaily (launched September 2006), a blog catering to people who use the web for work.
- NewTeeVee (launched December 2006), a blog covering online video news.
- Earth2Tech (launched July 2007), a blog covering the business of clean technology.
- OStatic (launched March 2008), a resource for open source software and services.
- jkOnTheRun (launched as a personal blog in May 2004 and acquired by GigaOM in July 2008), a mobile technology blog.
- TheAppleBlog (launched November 2004 and acquired by GigaOM in September 2008), about Apple Inc. and related tools and applications.
- GigaOM jobs (launched August 2006), a technology-focused job board.
See also 
- "About GigaOM". GigaOM. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- "Om money, Om problems". Valleywag. June 13, 2006. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- "GigaOM on Technorati". Technorati. Retrieved 2007-03-16.
- "Blog 100 Index". CNET.
- Lead411 launches "Hottest Companies in San Francisco" awards
- "GigaOM's Mobilize 09 - the 100-word version". VentureBeat. September 10, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-26.