|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2013)|
|Founded||1994 in Austin, Texas|
Giganews, Inc is a Usenet/newsgroup service provider. Founded in 1994, Giganews service is available to individual users through a subscription model and as an outsourced service to internet service providers. Giganews currently offers service to over 10 million broadband users in 180 countries. The Giganews website offers content, documentation and support in 10 languages. Well-known ISPs that have outsourced Usenet access to Giganews include RCN Corporation, BT, WOW! (Wide Open West), and Kingston Communications. In 2010, Giganews partnered with Golden Frog, which delivers VyprVPN and Dump Truck  online storage access to its users.
Giganews traffic is peered at Equinix in Ashburn in Loudoun County, Virginia, AMS-IX and NL-IX in The Netherlands, DE-CIX in Frankfurt, Germany, and LINX in London, United Kingdom. In late 2008, Giganews' bandwidth capacity at AMS-IX increased from 40Gbit/s to 80Gbit/s.
- RCN Forum FAQ - dslreports.com
- "Golden Frog Partners With Giganews to Deliver Dump Truck Online Storage to Giganews Members". Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- Usenet Newsgroups Peering - Giganews
- Details for Giganews, Inc.
- http://www.nl-ix.net/members.php (October 2004)
- Giganews Connects to DE-CIX, Opens Peering in Germany
- Giganews Brings Network to UK through LINX
- LINX Members (G)
- Giganews Doubles Capacity at the Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX)
- "Giganews.com has more than 9 petabyte of usenet storage". Giganews.com. Retrieved 2012-02-14.