|Genres||Pop rock, hard rock, rock, Alternative rock|
|Labels||Atlantic (1994-1996), Ceepee Production (1997-1998), Sony Music (1998-2008), Universal Music Group (2009-2011), Demajors (2011-present)|
Gigi (pronounced [ˈɡiɡi]) is an Indonesian pop rock band led by founder, Armand Maulana, and songwriter Dewa Budjana. Formed in March 1994, the band has released fifteen studio albums. The name "Gigi" (teeth) itself is named after the laugh members of the group had after the name "Orang Utan" nearly was decided as the name of the band.
The debut album, Angan sold over 150,000 copies.
The second album, Dunia, released in 1995, sold 450,000 copies. At the time Gigi was named best band.
Aria Baron left Gigi in September 1995, followed by Thomas and Ronald who left in November 1996. As a result, there were only two members left; they persisted and recruited Opet Alatas (bass) and Budhy Hartono (drums).
3/4 is the third album from Gigi; it sold 550,000 copies. At the time Gigi was named the most shining band in 1996.
For the 1997 album 2 X 2, the band traveled to California and worked with American musicians such as Billy Sheehan from the band Mr. Big, but the album sold only 150,000 units. There were similar sales for the 1998 album Kilas Balik.
- Angan, 1994
- Dunia, 1995
- 3/4, 1996
- 2 X 2, 1997
- Kilas Balik, 1998
- Baik, 1999
- The Greatest Hits Live, 2000
- Untuk Semua Umur, 2001
- The Best of Gigi, 2002
- Salam Kedelapan, 2003
- Ost. Brownies, 2004
- Raihlah Kemenangan, 2004
- Raihlah Kemenangan (repackage), 2005
- Next Chapter, 2006
- Pintu Sorga, 2006
- Peace, Love 'n Respect, 2007
- Gigi, 2009
- Sweet Seventeen, 2011
- Aku dan Aku, 2012
- "Live At Abbey,2014"
- Armand Maulana - vocals (1994-present)
- Dewa Budjana - Guitar (1994–present)
- Thomas Ramdhan - Bass (1994–1996, 1999–present)
- Gusti Hendy - drums (2004–present)
- Aria Baron - Guitar (1994–1995)
- Ronald Fristianto - Drums (1994–1996)
- Opet Alatas - Bass (1996–1999)
- Budhy Haryono - Drums (1996–2004)
- Hafizi, Amir (26 September 2003). "Gigi to bite Malaysia", The Malay Mail, p. 34.
- Taib, Shuib (19 October 2001). "Musicians with bite", New Straits Times, p. 3.
- Ahmad, Azman (29 November 1999). "Indon group with lots of bite", The Malay Mail.
- (3 July 1998). "Gigi releases latest album 'Kilas Balik'", The Jakarta Post.