|Born||Jelena Noura Hadid
April 23, 1995 
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Alma mater||The New School|
|Height||5'10" (178 cm)|
|Weight||57 kg (125 lbs)|
|Measurements||34-25-35 inches (86-64-89cm)|
|Dress size||2 (US)|
|Manager||IMG Models (New York) |
Jelena Noura "Gigi" Hadid, (born April 23 1995), is a Palestinian-American fashion model and TV personality. She was named one of 12 rookies in Sports Illustrated annual swimsuit issue in 2014. She has also made several appearances on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Hadid has appeared in magazines such as VMAN, Elle, Grazia, Cleo, Vogue, Sports Illustrated, Paper magazine and Schön! Magazine. In 2012, she was the face of Guess. She was on the cover of Galore magazine and Carine Roitfeld's CR Fashion Book in 2014. She was on the cover of Schön! Magazine in March 2014.
Early life and family
Hadid was born on April 23, 1995 in Los Angeles, California, the daughter of Palestinian real estate developer Mohamed Hadid and Dutch former model Yolanda Foster (née van den Herik). Gigi has two younger siblings: a sister, Bella, who is also a model, and a brother, Anwar. After her parents' divorce, her mother married music producer David Foster, making him her stepfather. She graduated from Malibu High School at the age of 17 in 2012 and was also the captain of her varsity volleyball team and a competitive horseback rider.
Hadid signed with IMG Models in 2011. Her modeling career started when she was just 2 years old after she was discovered by Paul Marciano, of Guess. She started modeling with Baby Guess. Then, she stopped so she could concentrate in school. She eventually got back to modeling, continued working with them, and was named the face of the Guess campaign in 2012. According to her recent interview, she has done 3 campaigns with Guess as an adult. In February 2014, she made her New York Fashion Week debut by walking the catwalk at Desigual's show. She also made her debut in Jeremy Scott's show. She has appeared in music videos, playing Australian singer Cody Simpson's love interest in the video for his song "Surfboard" which was released on April 14, 2014. She has also appeared on another music video, playing the love interest of American grammy-winner singer Miguel's song "Simplethings" which released on May 29, 2014. On July 15, 2014, she starred alongside actor and model, Patrick Schwarzenegger in fashion designer Tom Ford's new Eyewear autumn/winter campaign. She co-hosted the Daily Front Row's Fashion Media awards that was held in New York City on September 5, 2014.
She will appear in the 2015 Pirelli calendar. She recently walked for Marc Jacobs S/S 15 during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York, Giles S/S 15 RTW at London Fashion Week, and during Paris Fashion Week, Gigi walked for Jean Paul Gaultier SS15 last RTW Show, Sonia Rykiel SS15 and Chanel SS15. In January 2015, she was named the newest face of Maybelline after finalizing her major contract. 
Hadid was in a relationship with Australian singer Cody Simpson for a year, but they broke up in May 2014. They reunited after People magazine reported that he wanted to reconcile, and on June 2, 2014 they were pictured holding hands in New York City. On August 5, 2014, it was reported the couple had split again, with Hadid citing Simpsons' career advancement as the reason. In November 2014, they got back together. Since then the two have been seen out in public together on several occasions and even spent the 2015 New Year's holiday together along with their friends Kendall Jenner and Selena Gomez in Dubai.
Awards and nominations
|2015||First Annual Fashion Los Angeles Awards||Model of The Year||Won|
|2012||Virgin Eyes||Andrea||Short movie|
|2012–2014||Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||Recurring|
- Foster, Yolanda (n.d.). "My Family". Yolanda. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Baxter. "The face that launched a thousand tweets". Al Jazeera. Al Jazeera. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "IMG Models - Portfolio - Gigi Hadid". IMG Models. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Rosie, Miss (May 7, 2012). "Daily Duo : Gigi". Models. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- Ford, Sabrina (February 4, 2014). "Gigi Hadid is named one of 12 rookies in Sports Illustrated's annual issue.". Bravo TV. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Houlis, AnnaMarie (18 September 2014). "Gigi Hadid Opens Our Eyes to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict". The GlamMonitor.
- "ISSUE 4 PREVIEW: FAIRY TALES". CR Fashion Book. February 2014. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Vingan, Alyssa (February 7, 2014). "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Offspring Gigi Hadid Scores CR Fashion Book Cover". Fashion Ista. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Mag, Galore (December 11, 2013). "Gigi Gets Gritty For Our 2014 Calendar". Galore Mag. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Mag, Schon (March 27, 2014). "Gigi Hadid Schon Magazine Cover". Schon Magazine. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Weatherby, Jager (March 27, 2014). "Gigi Hadid Wears Leather and Lace in Sultry Rock ‘n’ Roll Photoshoot". Wet Paint. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Daily Mail Reporter (November 13, 2012). "Yolanda Advises Daughter". Daily Mail. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Marciano, Kymberley (July 18, 2013). "Interview: Gigi Hadid, Guess Girl". Kymberly Marciano Photography. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Gigi Hadid's Volleyball Stats". Max Preps. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Marcus, Bennett (February 10, 2014). "Do You Know Who Gigi Hadid Is?". Vanity Fair. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Blackwelder, Carson (February 17, 2014). "Where Does Gigi, Yolanda Foster’s Daughter, Go to College?". Wet Paint. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Bourne, Leah (February 14, 2014). "Why Model Gigi Hadid is Being Called the Next Kate Upton". Style Caster. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Marcus, Bennett (February 10, 2014). "Do You Know Who Gigi Hadid is". Vanity Fair. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Gajewski, Ryan (February 12, 2014). "Watch Gigi Hadid Walk the Catwalk During New York Fashion Week". E! Online. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Brannigan, Maura. "Introducing Gigi Hadid, NYFW's Breakout Model Of The Season". Wet Paint. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Brannigan, Maura. "Introducing Gigi Hadid, NYFW's Breakout Model Of The Season". Lucky Mag. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Mary (February 10, 2014). "Gigi Hadid Walks The Runways of NY Fashion Week. Plus, Kristen Doute Writing A Memoir!". Reality Tea. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Vrajlal, Alicia (April 15, 2014). "All grown up! Sports Illustrated model Gigi Hadid sizzles in low-cut cream swimsuit as she cosies up to boyfriend Cody Simpson in his Surfboard music video". Mail Online. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- Clark, Sandra (May 30, 2014). "Gigi Hadid Stars In Sexy New Miguel Video ‘Simplethings’ — Watch". Hollywood Life. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Burton, Cinya (July 15, 2014). "Gigi Hadid and Patrick Schwarzenegger Are Tom Ford Eyewear Models". E! Online. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Dodge, Shyam (July 15, 2014). "A sight for sore eyes! Patrick Schwarzenegger cuddles up with Gigi Hadid in new Tom Ford Eyewear campaign". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Fratti, Karen (6 September 2014). "Daily Front Row Hosts 2nd Annual Fashion Media Awards". AdWeek.
- Elle:Sneak Peek: All of the 2015 Pirelli Calendar teasers so far
- Wagoner, Mackenzie (January 14, 2015). "Exclusive! Gigi Hadid Is the New Face of Maybelline". Vogue.
- Parker, Heidi (May 5, 2014). "Split! Cody Simpson and Gigi Hadid have broken up after one year of dating". Daily Mail UK. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- Meer, Erin Van Der (June 16, 2014). "What breakup?Gigi Hadid reveals sweet new snaps with boyfriend Cody Simpson as the couple prove they're still going strong". Daily Mail UK.
- Gossip Girl (4 August 2014). "Cody Simpson is Single—Again!". Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- Carpenter, Cassie (November 27, 2014). "I'm back together with Cody': Gigi Hadid confirms she's rekindled her love for the Australian pop star after two public sightings". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved November 25, 2014.
- Sarkari, Karishma (January 3, 2015). "Not such an intimate getaway! Cody Simpson and Gigi Hadid join Selena Gomez for beach party in Dubai on New Year's Eve before starting 2015 with a dip in the ocean". Daily Mail.
- Roche, Eddie (January 14, 2015). "Gigi Hadid Signs With Maybelline, Nabs Model Of The Year Award". Daily Front Row.
- Smith, Stephanie (January 8, 2015). "‘It’ girl Gigi Hadid nabs model of the year award". www.pagesix.com.