She graduated from Boston University with a B.S. in Broadcasting and Film and earned a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. She is a Non-Resident Fellow at the University of Southern California Annenberg Center, and a Senior Fellow at the University of Melbourne Faculty of Law. She has been an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University and at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University. Sohn was executive director of the Media Access Project, a public interest law firm. She is known for her "personal relationships with power players all over the capital."
Sohn married her partner Lara Ballard in August 2007.
- Ford Foundation, Annual Report 2000, FordFoundation.org.
- Sara Jerome, "Net Neutrality or Bust", TheHill.com, Dec. 15, 2010.
- "EFF Honors Craigslist, Gigi Sohn, and Jimmy Wales with Pioneer Awards", EFF.org, April 27, 2006
- Edward Wyatt, "FCC's Chief Hires a Critic of the Agency". New York Times, Nov. 5, 2013.
- Joshua Kurlantzick, "A Red Carpet for Gay Weddings". New York Times, April 11, 2008 (available at 14stories.com).
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|