Sohn in 2012
|Occupation||US FCC (special counsel)|
|Spouse(s)||Lara Ballard (2007 - )|
She graduated from Boston University with a B.S. in Broadcasting and Film and earned a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. She is a Non-Resident Fellow at the University of Southern California Annenberg Center, and a Senior Fellow at the University of Melbourne Faculty of Law. She has been an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University and at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University. Sohn was executive director of the Media Access Project, a public interest law firm. She is known for her "personal relationships with power players all over the capital."
Sohn married her partner Lara Ballard in August 2007.
- Wyatt, Edward (2013-11-05). "FCC's Chief Hires a Critic of the Agency"". New York Times. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- Kurlantzick, Joshua (2008-04-11). "A Red Carpet for Gay Weddings". New York Times. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Gigi Sohn, President and Co-Founder of Public Knowledge". Stanford Law School. 2011-03-01. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Annual Report 2000". Ford Foundation. 2001-04. p. 17. ISSN 0071-7274. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- Albanese, Andrew Richard (2008-07-15). "LJ Q&A: Knowledge is Power-Gigi Sohn". Library Journal. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- Jerome, Sara (2010-12-15). "Head of consumer group takes on FCC's net neutrality plan". The Hill. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "EFF Honors Craigslist, Gigi Sohn, and Jimmy Wales with Pioneer Awards". Electronic Frontier Foundation. 2006-04-27. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|