|Headquarters||Mountain View, California, United States|
Gigya Inc. is a privately held technology company headquartered in Mountain View, California with additional offices in Phoenix, Tel Aviv, and London, England.
Gigya markets social infrastructure technology to website operators, handling login, registration, user identity storage, gamification tools, and social plug-ins and APIs that collect users' personal data on any of several social networking services online. As of February 2013 Gigya services reached 1.5 billion users per month.
Clients and investors
As of September 2013 Gigya had raised $70M from Benchmark Capital, Mayfield Fund, First Round Capital, Advance Publications (parent company of Condé Nast), DAG Ventures, and Greenspring Associates. Software maker Adobe Systems is also an investor.
Gigya's Connected Consumer Management Suite helps businesses better manage customer data with seamless integration of its Social Login, Social Plugins and Gamification offerings. Gigya also markets a social analytics dashboard that provides social reports and insights. The service aggregates authentication and social APIs from major providers including Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo!, Linked In, MySpace and AOL.
In December 2012, the company launched SocialPrivacy™ Certification in collaboration with the Future of Privacy Forum and other privacy organizations. To become eligible for the program, businesses that use social login must be audited by Gigya to determine that they abide by a set of social data collection and usage practices. If accepted to the program, those businesses can display a consumer-facing seal to demonstrate their certification to consumers.
- Ha, Anthony (February 1, 2013). "Gigya Says Its Social Tools Reach 1.5B Users Each Month, Making ‘Tens Of Millions’ In Annual Sales". TechCrunch. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- Takahashi, Dean (July 1, 2011). "Gigya launches gamification suite to make web sites more fun (exclusive)". VentureBeat. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- Liyakasa, Kelly (September 19, 2013). "Gigya banks $25M from ExactTarget investor Gree n spring." AdExchanger. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- Empson, Rip (September 19, 2013). "With 700 customers and 1.5B uniques, Gigya lands $25M to help businesses manage consumer data." TechCrunch. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Gigya on Pace to Nearly Triple Revenue in 2012". Marketwire. October 30, 2012.,
- Empson, Rip (June 11, 2012). "Gigya grabs $15.3M from Benchmark, Adobe to "socialize" your business". TechCrunch. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- "Gigya". VentureBeat Profiles. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- "Portfolio companies". Adobe Ventures. Adobe Systems. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- "Gigya announces Paul Farmer as CFO as company disrupts consumer data management market." MarketWatch. June 5, 2013.
- Bachman, Katy (December 13, 2012). "Gigya Gets Ahead of Social Login Privacy Concerns". ADWEEK.