Gihren no Yabou
Gihren no Yabou (Gihren's Ambition, more commonly translated as Gihren's Greed), is a turn-based strategy game developed and published by Bandai, based on the popular Mobile Suit Gundam franchise. It takes its gameplay style from the SD Gundam series and adds political and military management to the One Year War. The title is derived from that of Nobunaga's Ambition.
Released in 1998 for the Sega Saturn, the game follows the path of either the Federation or Principality of Zeon throughout the One Year War. The player has 150 turns to defeat the opposing side with either a scenario victory or a complete victory. Alterations can be made to the timeline, preventing deaths and disasters which in turn alter other timeline events.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Ambition
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou - Sega Saturn - 1998
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou Special - Bandai Wonderswan Color - 2003
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou [Append Disc] - Sega Saturn - 1998
Gihren's Ambition: Blood of Zeon
A sequel to Gihren's Ambition, Gihren's Ambition - Blood of Zeon, improved the game system with a more complex political system. The player could now create ceasefires and treaties, and the military system supported mobile suit upgrading and customization. The map system was also updated.
The game also introduced mobile suits and characters from various Gundam OVAs, along with the third-party factions Titan, A.E.U.G, and the Axis.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Ambition: Blood of Zeon
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou, Zeon no Keifu - PlayStation, Dreamcast - 2000
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou, Zeon no Keifu [Append Disc] - PlayStation - 2000
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou, Zeon no Keifu + [Append Disc] - PlayStation Portable - 2005
Gihren's Ambitions: War for Zeon Independence
Updating its gameplay system from the previous titles, War for Zeon Independence adds an updated map system and military system to a rewritten script, several new characters, an updated spying system and Mobile Suits from MSV. The battles are fought in full 3D, unlike previous titles in the series. Unfortunately, this incarnation of the Game omits the Zeta era conflicts, which was seen in Blood of Zeon. Whereas the previous game had the AEUG, Two Factions of Titans (Jamitov, Scirocco), Axis Zeon, Neo Zeon, Delaz Fleet as well as Kycillia and Garma's Zeon Forces, This game only has the Principality of Zeon and the Earth Federation. However, after completion of the game with each team, an option to use them in IF mode is unlocked. Each completion of the game increases your "IF" Level and more points to use in IF Mode. IF Mode allows the player to create their own team; Choosing such options as a leader (or creating their own leader), Their home base, which officers to start with, which technology group their faction is in and what units the player starts with. This also comes with a variety of Scenarioes to play through, with preset IF modes.
On release, Famitsu magazine scored the game a 33 out of 40.
Moblie Suit Gundam: Gihren's Ambitions: War for Zeon Independence
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou: Zeon Dokuritsu Sensouden - PlayStation 2 - 2002
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou: Zeon Dokuritsu Sensouden [Append Disc] - 2003
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gihren no Yabou: Zeon Dokuritsu Sensouden + [Append Disc] - 2005
Gihren's Ambition: The Menace of Axis
Menace of Axis is the fourth game in the series, released on February 7, 2008 for The PlayStation Portable. The game's graphics are rendered in 2.5D in line with PSP hardware constrains, Also, unlike its predecessor 'War Of Independence', the game features conflicts from the One Year War (including the events of MS IGLOO) to Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (with some events that occurred during the spinoff manga Advance of Z: Flag of Titans), Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, and the events that take place during Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack and Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash. Factions featured in "Blood of Zeon" also make an appearance (Federation, Zeon, AEUG, Titans, Axis forces), both the first and second Neo Zeon movements. Garma's "Zeon Reborn" and Kycillia's "Legitimate Zeon" (previously unique to Blood of Zeon) are also available. a noteworthy trait of the game is it featuring nearly every Gundam protagonist and antagonist that piloted a mobile suit or was on board a battleship. Features include 2 new difficulties, "Very Easy" and "Special". This game was re-released as an expansion entitled Gihren's Ambition: The Menace of Axis V, featuring new characters, Mobile Suits, and a bonus faction, the Tem Ray Army. It was made available on the PlayStation 2 as well as the PlayStation Portable.
According to an interview with Norihiko Ushimura, Game Producer of the series, mobile suits from MS IGLOO, Harmony Of Gundam and Mobile Suit Variation are featured; there are said to be roughly 400 MS/MA featured in this version of the video game. Event scenes, however, do not have animation: instead there are more than 400 still scenes created in collaboration with Sunrise to represent important events as portrayed in previous titles.
- ドリームキャスト - 機動戦士ガンダム ギレンの野望 ジオンの系譜. Weekly Famitsu. No.915 Pt.2. Pg.51. 30 June 2006.
- プレイステーション - 機動戦士ガンダム ギレンの野望 ジオンの系譜. Weekly Famitsu. No.915 Pt.2. Pg.15. 30 June 2006.
- プレイステーション2 - 機動戦士ガンダム ギレンの野望 ~ジオン独立戦争記~. Weekly Famitsu. No.915 Pt.2. Pg.77. 30 June 2006.
- Gihren's Ambition at GameFAQs
- Help Menu for Blood of Zeon
- 2002 Top 50 Japanese Console Game Chart
-  Information on Menace of Axis (Japanese)