Gila von Weitershausen
Baroness Gila von Weitershausen (born German actress. Born in Trebnitz, (today Trzebnica), Lower Silesia, Germany (today Poland) into an aristocratic family, she has three brothers and two sisters and is the great-granddaughter of Georg Graf von Hertling.March 21, 1944 ) is a
Gila von Weitershausen became popular in the late 1960s when she appeared in German comedy films, for example alongside Uschi Glas. One of the films from that period about swinging sixties Bavaria, Engelchen oder Die Jungfrau von Bamberg, gave her the nickname Engelchen ("Little Angel"), which was used by the tabloid press for decades. She also appeared several times as "Rowena" in the British TV series Arthur of the Britons. By common consent one of her best performances so far has been in Die Fälschung (Circle of Deceit) (1981), a film directed by Volker Schlöndorff, where she played opposite Hanna Schygulla and Bruno Ganz.
She was married to fellow actor Martin Lüttge from 1966 until 1972 and between 1970 - 1973 she had a relationship with movie director Louis Malle, who is the father of her son, Manuel Cuotemoc (born 1971). Since 1994, she has been married to Hartmut Wahle.
Von Weitershausen regularly appears in television movies to this day.
- Engelchen oder Die Jungfrau von Bamberg (de) (1968)
- Zur Hölle mit den Paukern (1968)
- Charleys Onkel (1969)
- Nicht fummeln, Liebling (de) (1970)
- Murmur of the Heart (1971)
- Meine Tochter – Deine Tochter (1972)
- Blutiger Freitag (de) (1972)
- Der Schrei der schwarzen Wölfe (de) (1972)
- The Pedestrian (1973)
- Death Rite (1976)
- Schwarz und weiß wie Tage und Nächte (de) (1978)
- Die Fälschung (1981)
- Derrick - Season 10, Episode 3: "Geheimnisse einer Nacht" (1983)
- Trenchcoat (1983)
- Derrick - Season 11, Episode 5: "Tödlicher Ausweg" (1984)
- Itinéraire d'un enfant gâté (1988)