From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gillen is a surname of Irish origin. It may also refer to:
- Gillen, Isle of Skye, a village on the island of Skye, Scotland
- Gillen, Alice Springs, a suburb of Alice Springs, NT in outback Australia which, in turn, is named after Mt Gillen
- Mount Gillen, (Alhekulyele) provides a prominent backdrop to Alice Springs, seen from many vantage points, it overlooks the town of Alice Springs and Alice Springs Desert Park. It is one of a number of important sites that also include Anthwerrke (Emily Gap), Akeyulerre (Billy Goat Hill), Ntaripe (Heavitree Gap) and Atnelkentyarliweke (Anzac Hill). Part of the West MacDonnell Range that starts from Heavitree Gap, for those wanting to climb Mount Gillen, access is available from the John Flynn Historic Reserve, just on the western outskirts of Alice Springs along Larapinta Drive.
- Aidan Gillen (b. 1968), an actor
- Brian Gillen (b. 1970), a member of the Irish Republican Army
- Charles P. Gillen (1876–1956), a mayor of Newark, New Jersey
- Francis James Gillen (1855–1912), an Australian anthropologist and ethnologist
- Gerard Gillen, a retired professor of music
- Kieron Gillen (b. 1975), a journalist and comic book writer
- Pete Gillen (b. 1947), an American college basketball coach and television commentator
- Ray Gillen (1959–1993), a singer with various bands, among them Black Sabbath
- Robert L. Gillen, 59th Commander of USS Constitution
- Cathy Gillen Thacker, an American author of romance novels
- Gillen D'Arcy Wood, an assistant professor of English
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.