|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2014)|
Professor Gilly Salmon (born 1949) has been a digital learning innovator for more than 20 years. She was a founding director of All Things in Moderation, in 2001. She was appointed Pro Vice-Chancellor of Learning Transformations at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia in January 2012. She speaks, researches and publishes widely on the themes of innovation and change in higher education and the exploitation of new technologies of all kinds in the service of learning.
She is known for her contributions to online education, including research, innovation, programme design, teaching methods and the use of new technologies.
Prior to her Swinburne appointment, Salmon was Executive Director and Professor (Learning Futures) at the Australian Digital Futures Institute, University of Southern Queensland, Australia. She was previously Professor of E-learning and Learning Technologies, and Head of the Beyond Distance Research Alliance and the Media Zoo, at the University of Leicester in the UK. And before that with the UK Open University Business School." (Salmon, 2013, para. 1–4)
- Salmon, G. (2013). E-tivities: The key to active online learning (2nd ed.). London and New York: Routledge.
- Salmon, G. (2011). E-moderating: The key to teaching and learning online (3rd ed.). New York: Routledge.
- Salmon, G. and Edirisingha, P. (Eds.) (2008). Podcasting for learning in universities. Berkshire: Open University Press. www.podcastingforlearning.com
- Salmon, G., Edirisingha, P., Mobbs, M., Mobbs, R., & Dennett, C. (2008). How to Create Podcasts for Education. Society for Research into Higher Education. . *Recently published as an iPhone app.
- Jaques, D., and Salmon, G. (2008). Learning in groups: A handbook for face-to-face and online environments (4th ed.). London and New York: Routledge. www.learningingroups.com
- Salmon, G. (2000& 2004). E-moderating: The key to teaching and learning online. London and New York: Taylor and Francis. www.e-moderating.com
- Salmon, G. (2002). E-tivities: The key to active online learning. London: Kogan Page. www.e-tivities.com
- Salmon, G. (2013). Gilly Salmon Website: About Professor Gilly Salmon. Retrieved 8 January 2013, from http://www.gillysalmon.com/about.html.