"Professor Gilly Salmon has been a digital learning innovator for more than 20 years. She was the was a founding director of All Things In Moderation, in 2001. She was appointed Pro Vice-Chancellor of Learning Transformations at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia in January 2012. She speaks, researches and publishes widely on the themes of innovation and change in higher education and the exploitation of new technologies of all kinds in the service of learning.
She is internationally renowned for her significant contributions to online education, including research, innovation, programme design, teaching methods and the use of new technologies.
Prior to her Swinburne appointment, Professor Salmon was Executive Director and Professor (Learning Futures) at the Australian Digital Futures Institute, University of Southern Queensland, Australia. She was previously Professor of E-learning and Learning Technologies, and Head of the Beyond Distance Research Alliance and the Media Zoo, at the University of Leicester in the UK. And before that with the UK Open University Business School." (Salmon, 2013, para. 1-4) 
- Salmon, G. (2013). E-tivities: The key to active online learning (2nd ed.). London and New York: Routledge.
- Salmon, G. (2011). E-moderating: The key to teaching and learning online (3rd ed.). New York: Routledge.
- Salmon, G. and Edirisingha, P. (Eds.) (2008). Podcasting for learning in universities. Berkshire: Open University Press. www.podcastingforlearning.com
- Salmon, G., Edirisingha, P., Mobbs, M., Mobbs, R., & Dennett, C. (2008). How to Create Podcasts for Education. Society for Research into Higher Education. . *Recently published as an iphone app.
- Jaques, D., and Salmon, G. (2008). Learning in groups: A handbook for face-to-face and online environments (4th ed.). London and New York: Routledge. www.learningingroups.com
- Salmon, G. (2000& 2004). E-moderating: The key to teaching and learning online. London and New York: Taylor and Francis. www.e-moderating.com
- Salmon, G. (2002). E-tivities: The key to active online learning. London: Kogan Page. www.e-tivities.com
- Salmon, G. (2011). Learning innovation for the 21st Century. In Ehlers, U. D and Schneckenberg, D. (Eds.) Changing Cultures in Higher Education: Moving Ahead to Future Learning , Springer
- Armellini, A., Salmon, G., & Hawkridge, D. (2009). The Carpe Diem journey: Designing for learning transformation. In T. Mayes, D. Morrison, H. Mellar & Bullen, Peter and Oliver, Martin (Eds.), Transforming higher education through technology-enhanced learning (pp. 135-148). York: The Higher Education Academy.
- Edirisingha, P., Salmon, G. and Fothergill, J. (2007) Profcasting – a Pilot Study and Guidelines for Integrating Podcasts in a Blended Learning Environment, In U. Bernath and A. Sangrà (Eds.) Research on competence development in online distance education and e-learning Oldenburg: BIS-Verlag
- Inserted commentary in Contemporary Perspectives in E-learning Research, edited by Conole and Oliver, Taylor and Francis, 2006.
- Salmon, G. & Lawless, N. (2006) Management Education for the Twenty-First Century, In: Bonk, Curtis J. & Graham, Charles R. The Handbook of Blended Learning, Pfeiffer, CA
- Salmon, G.(2006) 80:20 for e-moderators, The Challenge of eCompetence in Academic Staff Development, 2006, CELT, NUI Galway
- Salmon, G.(2005), E-Moderating, In: Howard C, Rogers PL, Boettcher J, Berg GA, Justice L, Schenk K (eds) Encyclopedia of Distance Learning, Eurospan, Volume II,
- Salmon, G. (2004) E-moderating: the key to teaching and learning online, 2nd edition, London: Routledge Falmer
- Salmon, G.(2004). Taming the Wildness. Learner Support in Open and Distance Learning Environments. J. Brindley, C. Walti and O. Zawacki-Richter. Oldenberg, Bibliotheks und Informationssytem der Universitaet Oldenberg. ASF 9.pp 219-29
- Salmon, G. (2003) E-moderating in higher education. In: Howard, C., Schenk, K. and Discenza, R. (eds) Distance Learning and University Effectiveness: changing educational paradigms for online learning, Idea Group Inc
- Salmon, G. (2003) Strategic perspectives, an introduction. In: Littlejohn, A. (ed.) Using Online Resources: a sustainable approach to e-learning, London: Kogan Page
- Salmon, G. (2003) Extreme e-mailing, Interact, no. 26th March, pp. 13-14 (www.interact2005.org)
- Salmon, G. (2002). Approaches to researching teaching and learning online. In C. Steeples, and C. Jones (Eds.), Networked learning: Perspectives and issues. London: Springer-Verlag.
- Salmon, G.(2002) E-tivities: the key to active online learning, London: Routledge
- Salmon, G.(2002) Online networking and individual development. In: Pearn, M.A. (ed.) Individual Differences and Development in Organizations, Chichester: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Salmon, G.(2001) Approaches to researching teaching and learning online. In: Steeples, C. and Jones, C. (eds) Networked Learning, London: Springer-Verlag
- Salmon, G. Allan, J. and Giles, K. (2000) Training for online working. In: Daniels, K., Lamond, D. and Standen, P. (eds) Managing Telework, London: Thompson
- Salmon, G.K. (1999) ‘Developing managers through online networking'. In: Sahiya, S.B. (ed.) The Current State of Business Disciplines, Rohtak, India: Spellbound Publications
- Salmon, G and Giles, K.E. (1997) Training virtual management teachers, European Journal of Open and Distance Learning (http://www.eurodl.org/eurodlen/index.html)
- Salmon, G.K., Giles, K. and Allan, J.S. (1997) Large-scale computer-mediated training for management teachers, International
- Salmon, G., & Angood, R. (forthcoming-2013). Sleeping with the Enemy. British Journal of Educational Technology, 44(1).
- Salmon, G., Nie, M., and Edirisingha, P. (2010). Developing a five-stage model of learning in "Second Life". Educational Research, 52(2), 169-182. doi: 10.1080/00131881.2010.482744
- Salmon, G. (2009). The future for (Second) Life and learning. British Journal of Educational Technology, 40(3), 526–538. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8535.2009.00967.x.
- Edirisingha, P. and Salmon, G.K. (2009). iPodology: The new kid on the block. Lifelong Learning in Europe. 3,153-60
- Salmon, G., Jones, S., & Armellini, A. (2008). Building institutional capability in e-learning design. ALT-J Association For Learning Technology Journal, 16(2), 95-109. doi:10.1080/09687760802315978
- Short, N., Maddison, J., Mantis, P., & Salmon, G. (2007). Veterinary e-CPD: A new model for providing online Continuing professional development for the veterinary profession. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education 34(5), 689-694
- Salmon, G.K., Nie, M., & Edirisingha P. (2007). Podcasting for learning. ALISS Quarterly, 2(4), 11–17
- Salmon, G. (2007). 80:20 for E-moderators, CMS-Journal, 29, 39-43
- Salmon, G. (2007). The tipping point. ALT-J: Research In Learning Technology, 15(2), 171-172. doi:10.1080/09687760701482275
- Salmon, G. (2006). Above the parapet for e-learning: recognition, reward and celebration. International Journal Of Learning Technology, 2(4), 342-356.
- Salmon, G. (2006). Blending with Podcasting. JISC Inform,14,19
- Salmon, G. (2005). Flying Not Flapping: A Strategic Framework for E-Learning and Pedagogical Innovation in Higher Education Institutions. ALT-J: Research In Learning Technology, 13(3), 201-218.
- Salmon, G.K. (2003). Far from remote. The Management Specialist, 4(9), 2-14
- Salmon, G.K. (2003). Information, interaction, participation: Turning the online wheels. Training Journal, 34-38
- Salmon, G. (2002). Mirror, mirror, on my screen ...: Exploring online reflections. The British Journal of Educational Technology, 33(4), 383–396.
- Salmon, G.K. (2002). Hearts, minds and screens: taming the future. United States Distance Learning Association Journal, 16(5). Available from, http://www.usdla.org/html/journal/MAY02_Issue/article01.html
- Salmon, G.K. (2002). Modelling the craft of the e-moderator. European Journal of Engineering for Information Society Applications, 4(3).
- Salmon, G.K. (2001). E-moderating: turning the e-learning fantasy into reality. Malaysian Journal of Educational Technology, 1(1), 19-27
- Salmon, G. (2001). Far from remote. People Management, 7(19), 34.
- Salmon, G. (2001). The Business Café Project: viewing to browsing?. British Journal Of Educational Technology, 32(1), 91.
- Goodyear, P., Salmon, G.K., & Steeples, C. (2001). Competencies for online teaching. Education Training and Development, 49(1), 65-72
- Salmon, G.K. (2000). Driving through! online learning for industrial supply chains. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education, 1(2). Available from, http://tojde.anadolu.edu.tr/tojde2/Gillytxt.html
- Salmon, G. (2000). Computer Mediated Conferencing for Management Learning at the Open University. Management Learning, 31(4), 490.
- Salmon, G. (1999). Computer Mediated Conferencing in Large Scale Management Education. Open Learning, 14(2), 34.
- Goodyear, P., Salmon, G., Spector, J. J., Steeples, C., & Tickner, S. (2001). Competences for online teaching: A special report. Educational Technology Research And Development, 49(1), 65-72.
- Gray, C., & Salmon, G. (1999). Academic Integrity in Electronic Universities of the New Millennium: a Practitioner's Perspective. Higher Education In Europe, 24(2), 259.
- Salmon, G.K. and Giles, K.E. (1999). Creating and implementing successful online environments: A practitioner perspective. European Open and Distance Learning Journal. Available from, http://www.eurodl.org/?article=48
- Salmon, G.K. (1998). Developing learning though effective online moderation. Active Learning, 9 (December), 3 -8
- Salmon, G. (1995). Tardy assignment submission by distance learning management students. Open Learning, 10(3), 58-62.
- Salmon, G. (2013). Gilly Salmon Website: About Professor Gilly Salmon. Retrieved January 8, 2013, from http://www.gillysalmon.com/about.html.