Gilmanton Township, Benton County, Minnesota
|Gilmanton Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||33.6 sq mi (86.9 km2)|
|• Land||33.6 sq mi (86.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,181 ft (360 m)|
|• Density||25/sq mi (9.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664272|
- Alberta Township (north)
- Granite Ledge Township (northeast)
- Maywood Township (east)
- Glendorado Township (southeast)
- St. George Township (south)
- Minden Township (southwest)
- Mayhew Lake Township (west)
- Graham Township (northwest)
The township contains Saint Johns Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 769 people, 266 households, and 213 families residing in the township. The population density was 22.4 people per square mile (8.7/km²). There were 277 housing units at an average density of 8.1/sq mi (3.1/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.83% White, 0.13% Native American, 0.39% from other races, and 0.65% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.65% of the population.
There were 266 households out of which 38.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 69.5% were married couples living together, 3.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.9% were non-families. 17.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.89 and the average family size was 3.26.
In the township the population was spread out with 27.7% under the age of 18, 10.4% from 18 to 24, 23.3% from 25 to 44, 26.5% from 45 to 64, and 12.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 111.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 111.4 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $45,893, and the median income for a family was $50,357. Males had a median income of $29,028 versus $22,266 for females. The per capita income for the township was $20,432. About 5.0% of families and 7.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.8% of those under age 18 and 11.8% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Gilmanton township, Benton County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 50.