|Headquarters||Manhattan, New York City,
New York, U.S.
|Arthur Gilmore, President
Greg Tribbe, Managing Partner
Louis Lombardi, Managing Partner
Number of employees
|less than 100|
GilmoreGroup is a multidisciplinary design and branding firm based in New York City. It was founded in 2003 by Arthur Gilmore, President, and Managing Partner, Greg Tribbe. They specialize in branding, design, and media with a passion for developing experiences that are high-impact, memorable and stimulating.
The sign will use over 12 million LEDs and covers 17,000 square feet (1,600 m2), the sign on the One Times Square building in NY will be the largest LED sign in all of Times Square once it is completed, surpassing the current title holder (Nasdaq sign which comes in at 11,000 square feet). The sign will consist of seventy-seven 5,000 pound cabinets and will house 16.6 miles (26.7 km) of data and power cables.
GilmoreGroup believes that a brand is ultimately defined by tangible, first-hand experiences. Their multi-disciplinary team - composed of brand strategists, architects, industrial, interior, graphic, and motion designers - fuels their designs from many different angles. GilmoreGroup’s approach focuses on user experience, creation of visual impact, and strong brand communication, ensuring that the experience is clearly on message. GilmoreGroup’s goal is to not only do bring brands to life, but to create brands that live.
GilmoreGroup combines expertise in a variety of fields, providing comprehensive value to clients including: brand strategy, brand management, communications strategy, design strategy, research analysis, architecture, graphic design, industrial design, interior design, multimedia, animation, compositing, live action filming, and visual effects.
- Gilmore Group’s Co-Founder and President.
- 35 years of experience managing design, experiential marketing, and product development programs for leading firms.
- Visionary brand designer with extensive cross-discipline experience in strategy development, concept exploration, human factors, marketing, and engineering.
- Manages teams of architects, media, graphic, and industrial designers, brand strategists, marketing professionals, ergonomics specialists, and engineers, producing dozens of awards and patents.
- Former Director of Experiential Branding at Interbrand where he spearheaded agency integration programs with many of the large advertising firms in the Omnicom portfolio.
- Holds a BFA in Industrial Design from Carnegie-Mellon University and received executive training from Harvard Continuing Education Program.
- Co-founder, Managing Partner, and Creative Director
- Managed major programs for Walgreens, Johnson & Johnson, Wachovia Bank, Bath & Body Works, and Comex.
- Thrives on programs that manage complex blends of graphic and multimedia communications.
- Extensive experience in product and interface design with pioneering work in computer-generated 3D visualizations to test the human factors of environmental designs.
- Former Design Director at Interbrand where he led retail, environmental, and multimedia programs domestically and internationally.
- His in-branch multimedia merchandising program for Fleet Bank set a new standard in the industry.
- Holds a BS in Industrial Design from the Design Art Architecture and Planning (DAAP) program at the University of Cincinnati.
- Managing Partner
- Over 15 years experience building global brand equity for Fortune 500 firms in the financial, retail, transportation, healthcare, and food and beverage markets.
- Essential in developing GilmoreGroup’s methodology for revenue modeling and estimating earnings for various large-scale out-of-home network projects.
- Fosters a team approach to navigating the complexities of large programs, and leads budgeting, planning, management, and implementation on projects.
- Responsible for developing the processes, strategy and infrastructure to nurture collaborative design and build meaningful value for GilmoreGroup’s clients.
- Former Design Director at Interbrand after launching his career at Hunter Marine, where he led and managed the design and product development teams.
- Graduated from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY with a Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design.