Gimhae International Airport
|Gimhae International Airport
Gimhae Gukje Gonghang
Kimhae Kukche Konghang
|Operator||Korea Airports Corporation, Republic of Korea Air Force|
|Location||Gangseo District, Busan, South Korea|
|Hub for||Air Busan|
|Elevation AMSL||6 ft / 2 m|
Gimhae International Airport (formerly Kimhae International Airport) (IATA: PUS, ICAO: RKPK) is located on the western end of Busan, South Korea. It opened in 1976. A new international terminal opened on October 31, 2007. Gimhae International Airport is the main hub for Air Busan. Runway 18L/36R is used for military purposes only, but due to increasing traffic, there are plans to open the runway for airliners. In 2014, 10,378,866 passengers used the airport.
Around 2013, Busan had announced that it was proposing to cease Gimhae International Airport's operation on all passenger planes, due to the small size, small maximum amounts of space and sky-routes, and safety. They plan to move Busan's primary airport to the island of Gadeok-do (south sector of Busan New Port), an island in southwestern Busan and 'Busan New Port' in South 7km.
- 1 Airlines and destinations
- 2 Traffic and statistics
- 3 Ground transportation
- 4 Curfew
- 5 Incidents and accidents
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Airlines and destinations
Traffic and statistics
In 2014, the ten carriers with the largest percentage of passengers flying into, out of, or through Gimhae International Airport are as follows:
Busiest routes from Busan
|Rank||Airport||Passengers 2014||Flight||Top carriers|
|1||Jeju||3,087,878||20,035||Air Busan, Asiana Airlines, Jeju Air, Korean Air|
|2||Seoul-Gimpo||2,078,971||18,478||Air Busan, Korean Air|
|3||Seoul-Incheon||346,363||2,910||Air Busan, Asiana Airlines, Korean Air|
Airport Limousine Bus
- Gimhae International Airport(From Airport to Busan Station) International Terminal - Domestic Terminal - Paik Hospital intersection - Gaya Homeplus mart - Gaya Hyudai apt - Seomyeon(Lotte Hotel Busan) - Seomyeon, Busan - Beomil(Hyundai dep. store) - Jin market - Busanjin Station (Busan Metro) - Busan Station - Toyoko inn Hotel - Jungang - Guangbokdong Lotte dep. store - Nampo - Jagalchi(Chungmudong)
Domestic Terminal 07:00, 07:40, 08:20, 09:00, 09:40, 10:20, 11:00, 11:40, 12:20, 13:00, 13:40, 14:20, 15:00, 15:40, 16:20, 17:00, 17:40, 18:20, 19:00, 19:40, 20:20, 21:00, 21:50
- Gimhae International Airport(From Busan Station to Airport) Jagalchi(Chungmudong) - Nampo - Guangbokdong Lotte dep. store - Jungang - Yeongjudong - Busan Station - Busanjin Station (Busan Metro) - Beomil(Hyundai dep. store) -Seomyeon, Busan(Judies Taehwa) - Seomyeon(Lotte Hotel Busan) - Gaya Hyudai apt - Gaya Homeplus mart - Paik Hospital intersection - Airport(International Terminal)
- Gimhae International Airport(International Terminal) - Domestic Terminal - Namcheon(Namcheondong) - Gwangan(Gwangandong) - Suyeong(Suyeong Intersection) - Millak(Suyeong Hyudai apt) - Centum City(Centum hotel) - Bexco - Olympic intersection - Gyeongnam Marina apt - Hyundai park hiatt hotel - Hanhwa resort - Hyperion - Westin Chosun Hotel - Grand Hotel - Novotel Ambassador - Paradise Hotel - Mipo, moon-ten road - Remian Haeundae apt - Hyundai ipark apt - Jangsan - Haeundae Paik Hospital - Dongbu apartment - Daelim 1cha apt - Yangwoon high school - Yangwoon middle school - Yangwoon high school - Daedong apt - Dongbu apartment - Haeundae Paik Hospital - Jangsan Station - Hyundai ipark apt - Remian Haeundae apt - Mipo, moon-ten road - Novotel Ambassador - Paradise Hotel - Seacloud hotel - Grand Hotel - Westin Chosun Hotel - Hyperion - Hanhwa resort - Hyundai park hiatt hotel - Gyeongnam Marina apt - Olympic intersection - Homeplus mart - Centum City(Centum hotel) - Millak(Suyeong Hyudai apt) - Suyeong(Suyeong Intersection) - Gwangan(Gwangandong) - Namcheon(Namcheondong) - Airport(International Terminal, Departure) -
Domestic Terminal, Arrival The bus operates from 06:50 to 22:00, every 15~20minutes
- 1009 : Geumgok-dong ↔ Deokcheon Station ↔ Gupo Station ↔ Gangseo-gu Office ↔ Gimhae Airport ↔ Myeongji ↔ Noksan indus. complex ↔ Busan New Port ↔ Gadeok-do Sunchang The bus operates from 05:20 to 20:50, every 40minutes (Depart from Geumgok)
- 307 : Gimhae Airport ↔ Gangseo-gu Office ↔ Gupo Station ↔ Gupo Market ↔ Deokcheon Station ↔ Mandeok ↔ Dongnae ↔ Centum City(BEXCO) ↔ Haeundae The bus operates 05:15, from 06:15 to 23:20, every 15~20minutes
- Gangseo No. 11 : Ulman ↔ Gimhae Int'l Airport ↔ Gangseo-gu Office ↔ Buk-gu Office ↔ Gupo Station ↔ Deokcheon Station(Gupo Market)
- Gangseo No. 13 : Hadan ↔ Eulsukdo ↔ Myeongji ↔ Deokdu ↔ Gimhae Int'l Airport ↔ Gangseo-gu Office ↔ Buk-gu Office ↔ Gupo Station ↔ Gupo Market ↔ Deokcheon Station(Deokcheon JCT)
The curfew prevents aircraft from taking off or landing between the hours of 11 P.M. and 6 A.M.
Incidents and accidents
- On January 31, 2001: Japan Airlines Flight 958, bound for Narita International Airport from Busan, nearly collided with another Japan Airlines aircraft. The other aircraft, a Boeing 747, suddenly dove and avoided the Narita-bound DC-10. See 2001 Japan Airlines mid-air incident.
- On April 15, 2002, a Boeing 767-200ER jet, operating as Air China Flight 129 from Beijing to Busan, crashed into a hill while trying to land at Gimhae during inclement weather, killing 128 of the 166 people on board.
- On August 12, 2007, at 9:37 local time, a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 aircraft, operated by Jeju Air, skidded off the runway at Gimhae International Airport, Busan, injuring 6 people and damaging the aircraft, particularly the left propeller.
- Gimhae Air Base
- List of Korea-related topics
- Pusan East (K-9) Air Base
- Transportation in South Korea
- Airport information for RKPK at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Air Traffic by Airport[dead link]
- "김해국제공항 ‘하늘길 두 배로’". Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "Air Busan Adds Busan - Hohhot Charter in June/July 2015". Airlineroute.net. 30 April 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Air Busan Begins Scheduled Busan - Tokyo Haneda Charter Flight from late-April 2015". Airlineroute.net. 23 March 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Jeju Air skids of runway in South Korea Flight Global 13/08/07
- "Jeju Air Dash 8 skids off runway". Flight International. 21–27 August 2007. p. 18.
- Gimhae International Airport English homepage
- Information about Gimhae International Airport
- City of busan: Busan official website