|Headquarters||Ithaca, New York|
Number of locations
Gimme! Coffee is a coffee roaster, based in New York, with espresso bars in Ithaca, Trumansburg, Brooklyn, and Manhattan. Gimme! Coffee has a wholesale service that caters to coffee and espresso establishments.
A focus at Gimme is to form relationships with farmers who grow coffee. As part of this bond between consumer and producer, the farmer may receive a price premium, which in turn, can help them improve their operations. For example, since 2009, Gimme has worked with a farmer in Colombia, helping the producer to attain organic certification and win awards.
In 2006, the New York Times named Gimme! Coffee among the best espresso bars in New York City. Gimme! Coffee received a Good Food Award, in the coffee category, for 2011 and 2012. Roast Magazine chose Gimme! Coffee as winner of their 2013 Roaster of the Year contest (macro category).
In August 2014, Gimme opened an espresso bar in Gates Hall on Cornell University main campus.
- "Inquire about Wholesale".
- "Finca San Luis and the new mill project".
- "Good Food Awards - Coffee - 2011".
- "Gene to Bean to Global Scene". College of Agriculture and Life Sciences - International Programs - Cornell University. 14 November 2013. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Meehan, Peter (September 13, 2006). "Espresso's New Wave Hits Town". The New York Times.
- Good Food Awards, January 2011
- Good Food Awards, January 2012
- Roast Magazine, November 2012
- "How to Compost your Gimme! Coffee Bag".
- "Gimme! Coffee". Package Design. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Courtyard Café is abuzz with a new brew" by Franklin Crawford, Cornell Chronicle, March 2005
- "Masters of the Bean" by Brendan Vaughan, Chow, September 2005
- "New Roastery Eases Growing Pains" by Katherine Graham, The Ithaca Journal, August 16, 2006
- "Best U.S. Coffee Bars" by Nick Pandolfi, Food & Wine, September 2008