Gin'iro no Olynssis
|Giniro no Olynssis|
(Giniro no Orinshisu)
|Genre||Fantasy, Adventure Mecha, Romance,|
|Written by||Hitomi Amamiya|
|Illustrated by||Hisashi Hirai|
|Original run||November 2006 – April 2007|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Katsumi Tokoro|
|Music by||Yugo Kanno|
|Network||Chiba TV, TV Saitama, Tokyo MX TV, KBS Kyoto, ABC|
|Original run||October 5, 2006 – December 21, 2006|
Giniro no Olynssis (銀色のオリンシス Giniro no Orinshisu?) is a Japanese light novel created by Hitomi Amamiya, with illustrations by Hisashi Hirai. It was first serialized in the seinen magazine Dengeki Maoh in November 2006. An anime adaptation directed by Katsumi Tokoro and produced by Toei Animation aired in Japan from October 5, 2006 to December 21, 2006.
The story takes place during a fictional future, in the year 3567. During this time, a supernatural barrier called the Olynssis barrier, which disrupts space and time, envelops all of Earth. The planet is also being overrun by organic machines called Gardeners, which seek to exterminate all humans in order to "save and preserve" the planet. Tokito Aizawa is part of a group of hunters who destroys Gardeners and sells the scraps. Although, after encountering a girl named Tea, who constantly calls him "Koichi", and her giant machine, Silver, his life becomes more complicated.
An anime adaptation of the Gin'iro no Olynssis light novel began broadcast on the Japanese television network Asahi Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) on October 5, 2006. It is directed by Katsumi Tokoro and produced by Toei Animation. Other networks such as Tokyo MX TV and Chiba TV also aired the episodes at later dates. A total of twelve episodes aired, with the last airing on December 21, 2006.
The anime was compiled into six DVD volumes; the limited edition, director's cut editions of the volumes had consecutive monthly releases in 2007. A box set containing all the volumes was released on January 21, 2007.
|#||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Light Blue Reincarnation"
"Mizuiro no Saisei" (水色の再生)
"Akaneiro no Tabidachi" (茜色の旅立ち)
"Kokushoku no Raihōsha" (黒色の来訪者)
"Haiiro no Senjō" (灰色の戦場)
"Midoriiro no Meikyū" (緑色の迷宮)
"Kin'iro no Akuma" (金色の悪魔)
"Sekishoku no Kizuna" (赤色の絆)
"Namida iro no Ketsui" (涙色の決意)
"Aishoku no Bohyō" (哀色の墓標)
"Namariiro no Kidō" (鉛色の軌道)
"Hīro no Uchū" (緋色の宇宙)
"Gin'iro no Mirai" (銀色の未来)
Two pieces of theme music are used for the anime episodes; one opening theme and one ending theme. The opening theme is "destiny" by CHiYo, while the ending theme is "Saraba Seishun no Hibi" by the Inazuma Sentai. CHiYo released a single for "destiny" on November 20, 2006, which is the seventh single she has released since her debut.
- Director: Katsumi Tokoro
- Series Composition, Scenario: Yuichiro Takeda
- Character Design: Hisashi Hirai
- Chief Character Animation Director: Hideaki Maniwa
- Olynssis Mechanical Design: Yoshikazu Miyao, Hitoshi Fukuchi
- Guest Mechanical Design, Chief Mecha Animation Director: Masahiro Shimanuki
- Art director: Takashi Yoshiike
- Colour Design: Tsutomu Tsukada
- Music: Yugo Kanno
- Planning Collaboration: Hitomi Amemiya, Dengeki Maoh
- Production: Gin-iro no Olynssis Production Committee(Asahi Broadcasting, Nagoya TV, Happinet, Toei Animation)
- "Toei Gin'iro no Olynssis site - Outline" (in Japanese). Toei Animation. Retrieved 2008-05-08.
- "DVD " "所勝美"" (in Japanese). Amazon.com. Retrieved 2008-05-08.
- "Toei Gin'iro no Olynssis site - Topic4" (in Japanese). Toei Animation. 2006-11-27. Retrieved 2008-05-08.
- "銀色のオリンシス (1)【限定版】" (in Japanese). Amazon.com. Retrieved 2008-05-08.
- "Toei Gin'iro no Olynssis site - Topic3" (in Japanese). Toei Animation. 2006-11-20. Retrieved 2008-05-08.