Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation
The Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation is a non-profit organization based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is best known for its Gina Bachauer International Piano Competition, the second largest piano competition in the United States. The Foundation also hosts regular piano competitions, concerts, and festivals on a four-year cycle.
While the Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation also is best known for its Competition, the Foundation also hosts Festivals and a Concert Series to showcase professional pianists in a noncompetitive setting. Past Concert Series and Festival pianists include Armen Babakhanian, Stephen Beus, Reginald Robinson, Simon Tedeschi, and Ted Rosenthal.
The Foundation’s education outreach program Music-in-Our-Schools program exposes elementary school children to the music of visiting professional pianists. The program reaches 25,000 Utah students annually and has visited over 250,000 children since its beginning in 1999. In 2008, the Foundation was awarded a Best in State award for Excellence in Education for their Music-in-Our-Schools program.
'The mission of the Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation is to further the pianistic art, foster excellence in performance and teaching, develop opportunities for pianists beyond the scope of the organization and offer leadership in developing a musically educated citizenry. By holding international piano competitions, solo recitals, and educational sessions, the Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation aims to:
- Enrich the community by providing significant musical experiences for audiences and performers.
- Build an artistic/educational environment that will educate musicians and non-musicians to a higher caliber of performance and appreciation.
- Recognize and encourage superb artistry and assist career development of deserving young pianists.
- Promote and perpetuate the pianistic art.'
- Gina Bachauer International Piano Competition
- List of Classical Music Competitions
- World Federation of International Music Competitions
- Gina Bachauer