Gina Dirawi after winning a Kristallen award in 2013
December 11, 1990
|Occupation||Television host, blogger, comedian|
Gina Dirawi (born 11 December 1990, Sundsvall, Sweden) is a Swedish television host, radio-personality, blogger and comedian. Dirawi hosted Melodifestivalen 2012 along with Helena Bergström and Sarah Dawn Finer . and Melodifestivalen 2013 along with Danny Saucedo. In 2012 and 2013 she won "best female TV host" and in 2014 she hosted the Swedish Grammy Awards. Dirawi has also hosted Musikhjälpen and several other television and radio shows.
Gina Dirawi was born in 1990 in Sundsvall, Sweden. Dirawi is the second of four children. She is of Palestinian descent and her family comes from Lebanon. Dirawi's paternal grandparents convinced Dirawi's father to move to Sweden. Her father eventually moved to Sundsvall to study before going to Lebanon and marrying Dirawi's mother. Her parents settled in Sundsvall, and her paternal grandparents moved to the same city a couple of years later. Her grandfather was an imam in Sundsvall until his death in March 2011.
Dirawi began her career as a blogger in March 2009 with the blog, Ana Gina. By August of that same year, she began videoblogging. Her videoblog included satirical depictions of recurring characters from Swedish and Arabic culture. She continued to gain popularity by sharing videos on YouTube, where her videos have over 17 million views as of May 2013.
- "Gina Dirawi: "Jag gör humor med ett syfte" | Nöje | Expressen Nöje | Nöjesnyheter Musiknyheter Filmnyheter". Expressen.se. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Sĺ ser Helena Bergström ut i Melodifestivalen 2012 - förvandlingen". Svt.se. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- Cecilia Hagen: "Jag har blivit mordhotad". Expressen, 30 January 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "The Fabulous Life of Ana Gina – 4 mars 2011". Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Gina Dirawi". Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Ana Gina". YouTube.com. Retrieved 20 May 2013.