Trapani at SXSWi, 2007
|Born||September 19, 1975 (age 39)
Brooklyn, New York
|Residence||Brooklyn, New York|
|Occupation||Tech blogger, web developer, writer|
|Known for||Founder of Lifehacker|
Trapani was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. She began her writing career in high school as a writer for New Youth Connections (now YCteen) a magazine written by and for New York City teens published by Youth Communication. Trapani graduated from Marist College and earned an MS in Computer Science at Brooklyn College.
Trapani founded the Lifehacker blog in January 2005, and led it until January 2009. Trapani is currently leading development of ThinkUp, an open-source social media aggregation and analysis tool, at Expert Labs.
Trapani has published three books and has also written for other publications including Harvard Business Online. Wired magazine awarded her its prestigious Rave Award in 2006. Fast Company named her one of the Most Influential Women in Technology in 2009 and 2010.
- Trapani, Gina (December 18, 2006). Lifehacker: 88 Tech Tricks to Turbocharge Your Day. Wiley. ISBN 0-470-05065-9.
- Trapani, Gina (March 17, 2008). Upgrade Your Life: The Lifehacker Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, Better. Wiley. ISBN 0-470-23836-4.
- Trapani, Gina (March 15, 2010). The Complete Guide to Google Wave. 3ones, Inc. ISBN 0-9825926-0-4.
- Trapani, Gina and Pash, Adam (June 28, 2011). Lifehacker: The Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, and Better. Wiley. ISBN 1-118-01837-0.
- "This Week in Tech," September 19, 2010
- Glaser, Mark (February 25, 2009). "Productivity Guru Gina Trapani Balances Blogging, Coding, Community". PBS MediaShift.
- Trapani, Gina. "Gina Trapani: Bio". GinaTrapani.org.
- "Youth Communication: Who We Are - Alumni - T-Z". Youthcomm.org. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- Dash, Anil (July 30, 2010). "ThinkTank is now ThinkUp". Expert Labs Blog.
- Wilkinson, Amy (March 29, 2010). "Gina Trapani, Project Director at Expert Labs". The Most Influential Women in Technology 2010. Fast Company.
- "This week in Google 235". Twit.tv. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Grose, Jessica (17 June 2008). "Congrats to our fellow Gawker Media blogger". Jezebel. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "just married". Flickr. 17 June 2008. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Best Launch Ever: Etta Rebecca Bailey". Smarterware. 17 November 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- Stern, Allen (December 1, 2006). "Interview with Gina Trapani, Lifehacker Editor". CenterNetworks.com.
- Dan Benjamin's The Pipeline: Gina Trapani Interview
- Gina Trapani's complete BlogStory