- Kenny Wilson redirects here, for the football player see Kenny Wilson (footballer)
|Birth name||Kenneth Robert Wilson|
|Also known as||Ginger Fish|
September 28, 1966 |
|Genres||Industrial metal, alternative metal|
|Occupations||Drummer, musician, pianist|
|Associated acts||Marilyn Manson, Martyr Plot, Powerman 5000, Rob Zombie|
Kenneth Robert Wilson (born September 28, 1966), better known by his stage name Ginger Fish, is an American drummer primarily known for playing drums for Marilyn Manson 1995-2011. Like Marilyn Manson, which combines the names of an iconic beauty with a serial killer, his name combines those of Ginger Rogers and Albert Fish.
Ginger Fish was born Kenneth Robert Wilson in Framingham, Massachusetts, to a musical family. He has two brothers, one older and one younger, both married. His father toured with Frank Sinatra and his mother was a dancer. Due to his parents' careers, Wilson travelled a lot during his childhood but spent a considerable amount of time in Las Vegas.
He originally began playing drums in the second grade and played in the school marching band. He studied music at the University of Nevada.
Ginger is most notable for being the longtime drummer for Marilyn Manson but has played drums for his own band Martyr Plot, and guest appearances with Powerman 5000 on their album Tonight the Stars Revolt!. In 2011, Ginger Fish joined Rob Zombie on drums for the February US Warm up tour dates while regular drummer Joey Jordison was in the UK with his own band the Murderdolls. As Rob Zombie said on his website: "Ginger is helping us out with some warm up gigs before we rejoin with Joey Jordison over in England for our next tour." 
Since 2010 Ginger has also been doing a number of VJ DJ sets at various clubs around the USA .
On February 23, 2011 Ginger Fish announced his departure from Marilyn Manson via Facebook and Twitter: 'I am regretful to inform the fans that I have decided to step down as a member of Marilyn Manson, and see where my life, and the knowledge of my availability cares to take me . I can't stand by to watch opportunities pass me by simply because the knowledge of my availability wasn't clearly expressed by me . I wish my brothers well, and I expect nothing but great things from them . Sincerely, Ginger Fish'.
On April 22, 2011, Ginger was announced as the permanent drummer for Rob Zombie.
- Smells Like Children (Marilyn Manson, 1995)
- Antichrist Superstar (Marilyn Manson, 1996)
- Remix & Repent (Marilyn Manson, 1997)
- Mechanical Animals (Marilyn Manson, 1998)
- The Last Tour on Earth (Marilyn Manson, 1999)
- Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) (Marilyn Manson, 2000)
- The Golden Age of Grotesque (Marilyn Manson, 2003)
- Lest We Forget: The Best of Marilyn Manson (Marilyn Manson, 2004)
- Eat Me, Drink Me (Marilyn Manson, 2007)
- The High End of Low (Marilyn Manson, 2009)
- Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Rob Zombie, 2013)
- "Marilyn Manson Drummer Injured at Concert". Lakeland Ledger. November 29, 2000. Retrieved February 2010.
- "A label whether it fits or not". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. December 23, 1998. Retrieved February 4, 2010.
- "Another New Zombie?". Spookshow International. February 7, 2011. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- "Kenneth Wilson". Facebook. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "ROB ZOMBIE Announces New Drummer". Retrieved April 22, 2011.