||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2009)|
Ginger Lynn Allen in 2006
|Born||Ginger Lynn Allen
December 14, 1962
Rockford, Illinois, US
|Other names||Ginger Lynn, Ginger Allen|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (160 cm)|
|Weight||110 lb (7 st 12 lb; 50 kg)|
|No. of adult films||319 as performer
2 as director
per IAFD as of March 2015
Ginger Lynn (born Ginger Lynn Allen; December 14, 1962) is an American pornographic model who came to prominence in 1980s videos. She also had minor roles in various B-movies. AVN has ranked her at #7 in a list of the 50 greatest porn stars of all time. After ending her adult-entertainment career she began using her full name of Ginger Lynn Allen and found work in a variety of B-movies. She had a late career comeback to the adult industry and made a brief series of movies. Allen is a member of AVN, Legends of Erotica, NightMoves Adult Entertainment and XRCO Halls of Fame.
Over her four-decade spanning career, Allen's credits include a variety of roles and jobs. These include actress/performer, director, writer, producer, and assistant director.
Born in Illinois, Ginger Lynn Allen moved to California in 1982 after hearing about her grandfather's heart attack. Following her grandfather's death, a male friend came to live with her and became her "first nice boyfriend". Allen was the major financial supporter in the relationship and needed to find a higher-paying job. When she answered an advertisement from the World Modeling Agency in September 1983, she was immediately hired and did a pictorial for Penthouse, which brought her to the attention of the adult film industry.
Allen began as a nude model and then began performing in hardcore sex films as Ginger Lynn by December 1983. Her first pornographic film role was in Surrender in Paradise, in which she starred with Jerry Butler. Allen's "girl next door" good looks led to a quick rise in her popularity and eventually she became one of the most popular female performers in adult-entertainment history. She had her own line of videos through Vivid Entertainment with director Bruce Seven. Allen received the Best New Starlet award in 1985 and is an inductee to the X-Rated Critics Organization (XRCO) and Adult Video News (AVN) Halls of Fame. Career highlights include her performance as the neighbor who introduces Tom Byron to sex in Kinky Business (1984) and her work in Slumber Party with Eric Edwards.
Allen's work was also distinguished by explicit and inventive "dirty talking" during her performances. She was the first Vivid Entertainment Vivid Girl, beating out the then-underaged Traci Lords. She was later called to testify on Lords' behalf against porn producers; she refused, and according to her, was then targeted by the Internal Revenue Service for falsification of a tax return. Allen had at least six scenes with porn legend John Holmes early in her career and was the first onscreen female partner of prolific porn actor Peter North.
In February 1986, Allen decided to stop making adult videos and establish a career in mainstream films using her full name. She appeared in several non-adult films, television shows and even interactive movie segments of the Wing Commander computer games. She started her career in mainstream features with a small part in the western Young Guns II, which co-starred her former boyfriend Charlie Sheen's brother, Emilio Estevez.
In December 2005 she appeared in American Pie: Band Camp (2005) playing the supporting role of Nurse Sanders. In the same year potrayed Fanny in Rob Zombie's thriller film The Devil's Rejects and starred as Cherry Bomb in Zombie's slasher film 31.
Allen returned to the adult-film industry in 1999 for three movies: Torn (1999), White Lightning (2000) and New Wave Hookers 6 (2000). In March 2006 she became a host of Playboy Radio's Sirius Satellite Radio show, Night Calls Radio, with former adult film actress Christy Canyon. In June 2007 Allen performed for two of Kink.com's hardcore websites, Ultimate Surrender and Sex and Submission. In 2008, Allen appeared in the films Dirty Rotten Mother Fuckers with James Deen (24 years younger than her) and Seasoned Players 4 with Tom Byron, then performed in more than a dozen hardcore releases in each of the next two years.
Despite the well-known allegations that Sheen is physically violent towards women, Lynn said she never saw the actor become abusive in the slightest, "Not one time did he raise his voice. No violence," she said.
In a 2003 interview, she described herself as the "single mother of a five-year-old son."
- Taken (2001) – AVN Awards 2002 Best Actress – Film
- Beverly Hills Cox (1986)
- Ten Little Maidens (1985) – AVN Awards 1986 Best Couples Sex Scene
- Project: Ginger (1985) – AVN Awards 1986 Best Actress – Video
- New Wave Hookers (1985)
- Kinky Business (1985) – AVN Awards 1985 Best Couple in a Sex Scene (with Tom Byron)
- Electric Blue 28 (1985)
- Slumber Party (1984) – AVN Awards 1986 Best Couple in a Sex Scene (with Eric Edwards)
- The Pink Lagoon (1984)
- Surrender in Paradise (1984)
- Taboo 4 (1985) the younger generation
- Mainstream media
- National Lampoon's Van Wilder The Rise of Taj (2007)
- Kisses and Caroms (aka American Pool) (2006)
- American Pie Presents Band Camp (2005)
- The Devil's Rejects (2005)
- Save Virgil (2004)
- Evil Breed: The Legend of Samhain (2003)
- The Independent (2000)
- The Last Late Night (1999)
- God's Lonely Man (1996)
- The Stranger (1995)
- Ultimate Taboo (1995)
- Trouble Bound (1993)
- Mind, Body & Soul (1992)
- Leather Jackets (1992)
- Bound & Gagged: A Love Story (1992)
- Vice Academy Part 3 (1991)
- Whore (1991)
- Young Guns II (1990)
- Buried Alive (1990)
- Vice Academy Part 2 (1990)
- Hollywood Boulevard II (1989)
- Cleo/Leo (1989)
- Satan's Storybook (1989)
- Vice Academy (1989)
- Dr. Alien (1989)
- Wild Man (1989)
- Dave's Old Porn (2012)
- The Dog Whisperer (2010)
- Skin (2003)
- Metallica (music video) – Turn the Page (1998)
- Silk Stalkings (1994)
- NYPD Blue (1993)
- Super Force (1991)
- Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger, Wing Commander: Prophecy (computer games) as Chief Technician Rachel Coriolis
- Night Calls on Playboy Radio with Christy Canyon on Sirius Satellite Radio
- She has appeared in pictorials for Playboy, Cinema Blue, Chéri, High Society, Club International, and Celebrity Sleuth
- The Ginger Lynn Show on KSEX Radio in Los Angeles
- In the music video for Metallica's cover of "Turn the Page", she portrayed a stripper/prostitute traveling with her child.
- She provided a voice for the song "Ginger Snaps/Monkey Business" for Danger Danger's second album, Screw It!
- 1984 XRCO Starlet of the Year
- 1984 XRCO Video Vixen
- 1984 XRCO Female Performer of the Year
- 1985 AVN Best New Starlet
- 1985 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene – Film for Kinky Business (with Tom Byron)
- 1986 AVN Best Actress – Video for Project: Ginger
- 1986 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene – Video for Slumber Party (with Eric Edwards)
- 1992 F.O.X.E All-Time Fan Favorite
- 2000 XRCO Best Girl-Girl Scene for Torn (with Chloe)
- 2002 AVN Best Actress – Film for Taken
- AVN Hall of Fame
- Legends of Erotica Hall of Fame
- NightMoves Adult Entertainment Hall of Fame
- XRCO Hall of Fame
- Ginger Lynn E! True Hollywood Story episode on YouTube
- Night Calls Radio Playboy Radio, hosted by Christy Canyon and Ginger Lynn
- LA Times article that's about Lynn in large part
- August 1999 interview at RogReviews.com
- 2009 Podcast Interview
- Ginger Lynn at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "AVN: The 50 Top Porn Stars of All Time". Archived from the original on September 30, 2007. Retrieved 2010-01-14.
- Staff. "Ginger Lynn Actress, director, writer". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "Chief Technician Rachel Coriolis (Character)". IMDb. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- Collins, Scott (March 8, 2011). "Ginger Lynn shares her past with Charlie Sheen". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- Staff. "E! True Hollywood Story Ginger Lynn (11 Aug. 2002) TV Episode – 120 min – Documentary, biography, Crime". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Staff. "E! True Hollywood Story: Season 14, Episode 6 Charlie Sheen (11 Aug. 2010) TV Episode – 60 min – Documentary, Biography, Crime". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "Ginger Lynn Explodes Her Cherry Bomb for Rob Zombie in 31". Dread Central. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- Meet Rob Zombie’s “Cherry Bomb” In His Slasher ’31′
- "Ginger Lynn Shooting Comeback for Kink.com" by Tod Hunter, Xbiz.com, July 3, 2007.
- "Ralph Garman: World's Greatest Lover", interview by Justin Harvey, ThePhatPhree. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- "Ginger Lynn Allen", Fred Beldin, Allmovie. Online at MTV.com. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- Collins, Scott (March 7, 2011). "Former porn star Ginger Lynn breaks her silence on ex-boyfriend Charlie Sheen". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "GINGER LYNN SHOWS SOME SKIN The Skin-y on Ginger
- "Lynn, Ginger Allen". s9.com. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- "The Actress, the Producer and Their Porn Revolution". January 6, 2002. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- MayorDefacto. "Transcript of the video A Night of Legends: First Annual XRCO Adult Film Awards". Retrieved 2008-08-09.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "XRCO past winners". Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "Legends of Erotica". Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- "Past Winner History". Nightmovesusa.com. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2007-11-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ginger Lynn.|
- Official website
- Ginger Lynn at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Ginger Lynn at the Adult Film Database
- Ginger Lynn Allen at the Internet Movie Database