Torre del Greco, Naples, Italy
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Stellina Morrison (m. 2001)|
|Cooking style||Italian cuisine|
D'Acampo co-owns Bontà Italia Ltd, a supplier of Italian ingredients and has a career in the development of ready meals, beginning with the Tesco Finest range. This experience led to his first engagement as a guest on Great Food Live on UKTV Food and the start of his television career.
D'Acampo has regularly appeared as a chef on the ITV series This Morning. On 27 January 2011, D'Acampo cooked gammon and Italian mushy peas completely naked on This Morning the day after the programme's success at the National Television Awards.
Since 8 August 2011, D'Acampo and Melanie Sykes have hosted daytime cookery chat show Let's Do Lunch With Gino and Mel. The show has aired for four series as well as three Christmas series since 10 December 2012.
In Autumn 2014, D'Acampo filled in as a team captain for Holly Willoughby on the ITV2 panel show Celebrity Juice, while she went on maternity leave. Gino also appeared in following series in Spring 2015, this time as a regular panellist.
I'm a Celebrity...
In 2009, D'Acampo was crowned King of the Jungle in the ninth series of I'm a Celebrity… Get Me out of Here!. After the show, D'Acampo and fellow contestant Stuart Manning were charged by the Australian police with animal cruelty for killing and cooking a rat on the show. However, the charges were later dropped after ITV accepted responsibility for the incident.
Since 2014, D'Acampo has been a regular panellist and team captain (referred to as "The Cap-itan (sic)") in place of Holly Willoughby while she was on maternity leave. During the show he has won 64,000 points by changing his middle name to "Sheffield" among other antics with co-hosts Holly Willoughby, Fearne Cotton and Keith Lemon (portrayed by Leigh Francis).
|2009||I'm a Celebrity… Get Me out of Here!||Contestant||Series 9, winner|
|2009—||This Morning||Regular chef|
|2011||There's No Taste Like Home||Presenter|
|2011—||Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel||Co-presenter with Melanie Sykes|
|2012—||Let's Do Christmas with Gino & Mel|
|2013—||Gino's Italian Escape||Presenter|
|2014—||Celebrity Juice||Team captain, regular panellist||Stood in for Holly Willoughby during maternity as team "cap-itan"|
- Guest appearances
- The Paul O'Grady Show (15 December 2009) – Guest
- Celebrity Juice (29 April 7 October 2010, 17 February 10 March, 10 November 2011, 8 March 4 October 2012, 19 September 2013, 1 May 2014) – Panellist
- Odd One In (4 September 2010) – Panellist, with Lynda Bellingham
- Richard Bacon's Beer & Pizza Club (27 October 2010) – Guest
- All Star Family Fortunes (30 October 2010) – Contestant
- Celebrity Grimefighters (16 September 2010)
- Michael Bublé: Home for Christmas (18 December 2011) – Guest
- Surprise Surprise (29 September 2013) – Guest
- Through the Keyhole (15 December 2013) – Celebrity homeowner
- Weekend at Christmas (28 December 2014) – Guest
- Stella (April 2015) - Guest appearance as himself
- Fantastico! (2007)
- Buonissimo! (2008)
- The Italian Diet (2010)
- Gino's Pasta (2011)
- Italian Home Baking (2011)
- Gino's Italian Escape (2013)
- Gino's Italian Escape: A Taste of the Sun (2014)
- Gino's Veg Italia! 100 Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes (2015)
D'Acampo still stays true to simple Italian cuisine and often returns to the Luigi de Medici College to give talks to students and do live demonstrations. He is a member of the Federazione Italiana Cuochi and the Associazione Professionale Cuochi Italiani. D'Acampo was involved in the Gala Dinner for Luciano Pavarotti in 2002 and a private party for the Italian Ambassador.
D'Acampo hosts a Sunday afternoon cookery and discussion show on LBC 97.3.
D'Acampo launched his first iPhone app "Gino D'Acampo – Eating Italian" in 2010.
Guinness World Records
- On 2 September 2011, D'Acampo broke the Guinness World Record for "The most ravioli made in two minutes" making 22. This record was later broken by Italian chef Gennaro Contaldo. On 25 July 2013, D'Acampo re-attempted the record and made 32.
- On 10 August 2012, D'Acampo set the new Guinness World Record for "The most chocolate truffles made in two minutes".
- On 31 August 2012, D'Acampo set the new Guinness World Record for "Running across custard for the longest time".
- On 15 December 2013, D'Acampo set the new Guinness World Record for "The most bottles of champagne opened in one minute". He managed to open 7 bottles, breaking the previous record of 6 in a minute.
- On 15 December 2013, while appearing on Through the Keyhole, D'Acampo broke the Guinness World Record for "The most Christmas crackers broken in one minute by a team of two" with Keith Lemon.
- On 24 December 2013, D'Acampo set the new Guinness World Record with Melanie Sykes for "The most jumpers put on in one minute" by managing to put on 11 jumpers in one minute to set a new record.
D'Acampo lives with his wife Jessica whom he married in 2002.
- Find out more about Gino D'Acampo. lbc.co.uk
- "Gino D'Acampo changes his middle name to Sheffield". OK!. 9 April 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- Roast turkey and all the trimmings! itv.com. 19 December 2014
- There's No Taste Like Home. ukgameshows.com
- Gino's Italian Escape. itv.com
- Meg Drewett (12 June 2013). "Gino D'Acampo lands primetime TV series, book deal". Digital Spy. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Gino D’Acampo to join the Celebrity Juice panel. itv.com. 16 September 2014
- Aislinn Laing (8 February 2010). "ITV fined £1,600 for animal cruelty over I'm a Celebrity rat stunt". The Telegraph (London). Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Gino D'Acampo changes middle name to "Sheffield"". 9 April 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Gino D'Acampo – Eating Italian". iTunes Store. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Emily Fox (5 December 2009) GINO D'ACAMPO IS CROWNED KING OF I'M A CELEBRITY. Daily Express
- "Interview: Gino D'Acampo". The Leeds Guide. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "I'm A Celebrity star Gino DâAcampo spent two years in prison for burgling Paul Young's house". Daily Mail (London).
|I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!