17 July 1976
|Occupation||Celebrity chef, television personality|
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Stellina Morrison (m. 2001)|
|Children||Luciano (b. 2002)
Rocco (b. 2005)
Since 2011, Gino has co-presented the lunchtime cookery series Let's Do Lunch and Let's Do Christmas. He also presented the daytime cookery series There's No Taste Like Home which aired for one series on ITV.
Born in Naples, Italy, D'Acampo inherited his love of cooking from his grandfather who was head chef for Costa Cruises.
In 1995, aged 19, he moved to London, to work in The Orchard Restaurant, Hampstead, London, and the Cambio Restaurant in Guildford, Surrey. In 1998 he was convicted of burgling the home of singer Paul Young and served two years in prison.
D'Acampo co-owns Bontà Italia Ltd,a supplier of Italian ingredients and has a career in the development of ready meals, beginning with the Tesco Finest range. This experience led to his first engagement as a guest on Great Food Live on UKTV Food and began his television career.
D'Acampo appears regularly on This Morning. On 27 January 2011, D'Acampo cooked gammon and Italian mushy peas completely naked on This Morning following the show's success at the National Television Awards. D'Acampo had previously stated that he would cook naked if the show won an award.
I'm a Celebrity
He participated in and was crowned King of the Jungle in the ninth series of I'm a Celebrity… Get Me out of Here! in 2009. After the show, he and fellow contestant Stuart Manning were charged by the Australian police with animal cruelty, for killing and cooking a rat on the show. However, the charges were later dropped after ITV accepted responsibility for the incident.
- The Paul O'Grady Show (15 December 2009) - Guest
- Celebrity Juice (29 April, 7 October 2010, 17 February, 10 March, 10 November 2011, 8 March, 4 October 2012, 19 September 2013) - Panellist
- Odd One In (4 September 2010) - Panellist, alongside Lynda Bellingham
- Richard Bacon's Beer & Pizza Club (27 October 2010) - Guest
- All Star Family Fortunes (30 October 2010) - Contestant
- Celebrity Grimefighters (16 September 2010)
- Michael Bublé: Home for Christmas (18 December 2011) - Guest, made a Gingerbread house
- Surprise Surprise (29 September 2013) - Guest
- Through the Keyhole (15 December 2013) - Celebrity homeowner
Gino is the author of five books published by Kyle Cathie.
- Fantastico! (2007)
- Buonissimo! (2008)
- The Italian Diet (2010)
- Gino's Pasta (2011)
- Italian Home Baking (2011)
- Gino's Italian Escape (2013)
He still stays true to simple Italian cuisine and often returns to the Luigi de Medici College to give talks to students and do live demonstrations. He is a member of the Federazione Italiana Cuochi and the Associazione Professionale Cuochi Italiani. He was involved in the Gala Dinner for Pavarotti in 2002 and a private party for the Italian Ambassador.
D'Acampo currently hosts a Sunday afternoon cookery/discussion show on LBC 97.3.
D'Acampo launched his first iPhone app "Gino D'Acampo - Eating Italian" in 2010.
Guinness World Records
- On 2 September 2011, Gino broke the Guinness World Record for "The Most ravioli made in two minutes" making 22. This record was later broken by Italian chef Gennaro Contaldo, so on 25 July 2013, Gino re-attempted the record and made 32.
- On 10 August 2012, Gino set the new Guinness World Record for "The most Chocolate truffles made in two minutes".
- On 31 August 2012, Gino set the new Guinness World Record for "Running across Custard for the longest time".
- On 15 December 2013, Gino set the new Guinness World Record for "The most bottles of champagne opened in one minute". He managed to open 7 bottles, breaking the previous record of 6 in a minute.
- On 15 December 2013, whilst appearing on Through the Keyhole, Gino broke the Guinness World Record for "The most Christmas crackers broken in one minute by a team of two". He set the record with Keith Lemon.
- On 24 December 2013, Gino set the new Guinness World Record with Melanie Sykes for "The most jumpers put on in one minute". They managed to put on 11 jumpers in a minute, setting the new record.
He lives with his wife Jessica whom he married in 2002; the couple have two sons Luciano (born 2002) and Rocco (born 2005) and a daughter, Mia (born 2011). He is a fan of the rugby union team Leicester Tigers. The family live in Elstree in Hertfordshire. His home was seen on an episode Through the Keyhole.
- Drewett, Meg (2013-06-12). "Gino D'Acampo lands primetime TV series, book deal". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Laing, Aislinn (2010-02-08). "ITV fined £1,600 for animal cruelty over I'm a Celebrity rat stunt". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Gino D'Acampo - Eating Italian". iTunes. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- [dead link]
- "Interview: Gino D'Acampo". The Leeds Guide. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
|I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!