|Owned by||Ginx TV Limited|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)
|Slogan||Ready to play
|Indovision (Indonesia)||Channel 226|
|OkeVision (Indonesia)||Channel 14|
|TotalTV (Bosnia and Herzegovina)||Channel 94|
|TotalTV (Croatia)||Channel 041|
|TotalTV (Macedonia)||Channel 124|
|TotalTV (Montenegro)||Channel 104|
|TotalTV (Serbia)||Channel 112|
|TotalTV (Slovenia)||Channel 093|
|Zuku (East Africa)||Channel 740|
|Arabsat Badr 5 (Middle East)||10770 V 27500 3/4|
|Dolce (Romania)||Channel 156|
|Serbia Broadband||Channel 324|
|Telemach (Slovenia)||Channel 162|
|Melita Cable (Malta)||Channel 361|
|B.Net Televizija (Croatia)||Channel 70|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 475 (HD)|
|ZON Multimédia (Portugal)||Channel 140|
|Toya (Poland)||Channel 222|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 286|
|Tivibu (Turkey)||Channel 145|
|SiOL TV (Slovenia)||Channel 153|
|T-2 (Slovenia)||Channel 116|
|XS4ALL (Netherlands)||Channel 330|
|MaxTV (Croatia)||Channel 666|
|Glashart Media (Netherlands)||Channel 303|
|AMIS (Slovenia)||Channel 128|
|Free (France)||Channel 145|
|Orange (France)||Channel 198|
|Orange (France)||Channel 198|
|TOTiptv (Thailand)||Channel 321|
|FilmOn (US)||Watch live|
Ginx TV is an international, multi-language TV channel dedicated exclusively to video games. The channel produces a number of video gaming programmes each occupying a specific genre of the industry and reviews games from current and retro video game consoles, handhelds, PCs and smartphones.
Ginx TV was founded in 2007 by Al Gosling who founded the Extreme Sports Channel and Udi Shapira and Cosmo Spens, although all have since left their day-to day operational roles. Since April 2010, the channel has been managed by ex-MTV Networks Europe Managing Director Michiel Bakker.
Ginx TV was launched in August 2008 on Romania's Boom TV satellite television platform. As of December 2012[update], Ginx TV operates in Southeast Asia, East Africa and Europe. In two regions, Indonesia and Turkey, Ginx TV is represented by the Dori Media Group. A high-definition simulcast of the channel, called Ginx HD, was temporarily available on Hispasat 1E during 2011. On 30 July 2012, the channel became available in HD again on StarHub TV in Singapore.
In August 2010, Ginx TV announced plans to launch in the UK and Ireland, where the channel expected a potential audience of over 12 million viewers through Sky and Virgin Media. In March 2011, it was announced that the launch had been delayed. Ginx TV launched in the UK on Virgin Media on 9 July 2013. A video on demand service was also available in the UK on BT Vision from 26 May 2011.
The company's programmes are also globally distributed to third party broadcasters such as TVNZ U in New Zealand, Zee Trendz in India, OSN in the Middle East and North Africa and EGO in Israel.
On 27 August 2011, all Ginx TV content ceased on Challenge in the UK and Ireland. The last show was an episode of The Blurb which went out on the same day. Both GameFace and Ginx Files had also previously broadcast on Challenge having moved from Bravo. Since the end of their deal with Challenge, Ginx TV have recommenced uploading episodes of The Blurb onto their YouTube channel on Wednesdays at noon (GMT), alongside their other content.
On 7 January 2013, The Blurb returned to Challenge for a second series with new host Lizzie Huang. On the episode that aired on 25 February, Lizzie was replaced by regular contributor Lucy James as host.
On 2 October 2013, Ginx TV launched on IPTV in the France.
In 2013 Ginx TV launched on IPTV in the Netherlands.
- The Blurb - The channel's flagship program which complies the latest in gaming news, reviews and previews. Presented by Julia Hardy (2011-2012), Anthony Richardson (2012), Lizzie Huang (2013), and Lucy James (2013–present).
- Culture Shock - Series dedicated to the culture surrounding video gaming including film, music and comic books.
- Faster - Games that focus on racing with a particular focus on motorsport. Presented by Neil Cole.
- Gamesport - Provides reviews and commentary on games within the sports genre. Presented by Anthony Richardson.
- Games Evolved - Tracks the history of a particular game or genre and comments on how different themes or ideas have been treated by different companies, series or decades.
- Games Games Games - Previews and reviews games that are both child and family friendly.
- Get Fragged - Follows the genre of first-person shooters.
- The Ginx Masterchart - A weekly top ten of chart games, counting down the biggest sellers of that week.
- Ginx News - A daily update of news within the gaming world. Presented by Lucy James.
- The Ginx Vault - A look at retro games.
- Planet of the Apps - Reviews and recommends mobile apps that are both available and upcoming to the game market. Presented by Adam Savage.
- Rumble Pack - A series of top ten countdowns that compares characters, genres and specific games.
- The Quest - Focusing on the genre of role-playing video games.
- GameFace - started broadcasting in 2009, before being replaced by The Blurb in 2011
- Ginx Files - GameFace's sister show
- Julia Hardy - former presenter
- "Ginx". Ofcom. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- "Ginx finds Adriatic home, delays UK debut". C21Media. 21 March 2011.
- "Ginx TV Gets In The Game". Television Business International. Yudu Media. April 2011.
- "Red Bee Media to create multi-platform identity for gaming channel Ginx TV". Red Bee Media. 13 October 2010.
- "Prima televiziune de jocuri a luat startul în România" (in Romanian). Cotidianul. 1 September 2008. Archived from the original on 26 July 2011.
- "International". Ginx TV. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Dori adapts Ginx for Indonesia". C21Media. 7 August 2008.
- "Ginx launches in Turkey". C21Media. 25 February 2010.
- "Ginx HD arrives in Spain". Rapid TV News. 25 April 2011.
- "StarHub launches travel and video gaming channels". Singapore Business Review. 25 July 2012.
- "UK's first 24/7 game channel announced". Eurogamer. 26 August 2010.
- "UK games channel targets 12m viewers". Market for Home Computing and Video Games. 23 February 2011.
- "New channels on your Virgin TV!". Virgin Media Presents. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "Ginx On Demand launches on BT Vision". Broadband TV News. 25 May 2011.
- "The Ginx Files- Are you ready to play?". TVNZ U. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- "Ginx TV to launch block on Zee Trendz". Digital TV Europe. 26 January 2011.
- "Ginx TV widens reach". Broadband TV News. 5 February 2013.
- "Ginx announce a distribution deal signed with channel Ego in Israel". Ginx TV. 1 December 2009.[dead link]
- "Big Important Announcement Special". Ginx TV. YouTube. 7 December 2011.
- "The Blurb". Ginx TV. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Ex-MTV boss targets games TV". Market for Home Computing and Video Games. 7 August 2009.
- "The Blurb Replaces GameFace on Challenge". Ginx TV. 12 July 2011.