|Giovanni S. Capriglione|
|Texas State Representative from District 98 (Tarrant County)|
|Preceded by||Vicki Truitt|
March 8, 1973 |
Place of birth missing
Tarrant County, Texas
|Alma mater||Worcester Polytechnic Institute|
Capriglione studied for a Bachelor of Science in Physics at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Massachusetts, and then a Master of Business Administration at Santa Clara University in Santa Clara, California.
He and his wife, Elisa, whom he married in 2000, have three children.
Capriglione owns a private equity management company focusing on businesses located in Texas. He has also worked as a vice president of a private equity firm and prior to that was employed by various computer engineering companies.
In the 2012 Republican primary election, Capriglione, with 55.6 percent of the vote, unseated the incumbent Vicki Truitt of Keller in Tarrant County. Truitt, who had held the seat since 1999. Truitt polled the remaining 44.4 percent of the ballots cast.
Capriglione sits on two committees: Government Efficiency and Reform and the Committee on International Trade and Intergovernmental Affairs.
Capriglione is an advocate for greater accountability and transparency in state government. He announced in 2015 that he will seek further ways to make public information more readily available to the citizenry. His proposed House Bill 483 proposes the establishment of a state bullion depository to insure than Texas has first rights to its gold, rather than the U.S. government.
- "Giovanni Capriglione for Texas State Representative District 98". Teaparty911.com. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "Texas House of Representatives District 98". The Texas Tribune. 2012. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "Representative Giovanni Capriglione's Biography". Project Vote Smart. 2013. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "Texas House District 98". The Texas Tribune. 2012. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "Vicki Truitt". Texas Legislative Reference Library. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- "Week 1: Report from the Texas Capitol", Austin Report, January 2015, p. 3; Gary Gates, president.
- Giovanni Capriglione official website at the Texas House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
|This article about a Texas politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|