8 September 1972 |
|Occupation||Actor (former), marketing manager|
He made his film debut with a minor role the 1980 Marco Bellocchio-directed comedy-drama Salto nel vuoto (English title: Leap Into the Void). Frezza then went on to play a variety of juvenile roles, most often in horror films. In 1981 he had a starring role in the gory, supernatural-themed Lucio Fulci-directed Quella villa accanto al cimitero as Bob Boyle, an imperiled child living in a sinister New England house. In 1982 he appeared in Enzo G. Castellari-directed post-apocalyptic Italian action film I Nuovi barbari (English: The New Barbarians).
Frezza would continue appearing in films until 1985. His last role was as Kirk in the 1985 Dario Argento-penned and Lamberto Bava-directed thriller Dèmoni (English: Demons). After retiring from films at age thirteen, Frezza concentrated on his studies.
- Dèmoni (1985) (English: Demons)
- La Casa con la scala nel buio (1983) (English title: A Blade in the Dark)
- Mani di fata (1983)
- L' Occhio del male (1982) (English release title: Manhattan Baby)
- Cuando calienta el sol... vamos a la playa (1982)
- I Nuovi barbari (1982) (English release titles: The New Barbarians and Warriors of the Wasteland)
- Testa o croce (1982) (English title: Heads I Win, Tails You Lose)
- Quella villa accanto al cimitero (1981) (English title: The House by the Cemetery)
- Salto nel vuoto (1980) (English release title: Leap Into the Void)
- Celebrity Birthday List
- Register Horror Express: "Giovanni Frezza, a creepy kid icon of 80’s Italian exploitation cinema thanks to Lucio Fulci’s “House by the Cemetery” and Enzo Castellari’s “The New Barbarians"
- Lucio Fulci's A House by the Cemetery
- Monster Hunter: The New Barbarians"It all happened when Scorpion's car was in need of repair and he took it to his personal mechanic and who should come out of his trailer shop but Giovanni Frezza. Perhaps his secret identity name doesn't mean anything to you, but you'll instantly recognize his flowing blonde locks, pouty lips, and his general "Village Of The Damned" countenance from his role as Bobby, the femme-voiced kid in "House By The Cemetery". He also turned up to save "A Blade In The Dark" and tried to resuscitate the brain-dead "Manhattan Baby."
- Giovanni Frezza's Official MySpace page
- Darkside"In case you were wondering, the lad with the shotgun in the white jeep at the films ending was indeed young Giovanni Frezza, who also played the young lad in Lucio Fulci's "House by the Cemetery".
- Monster Hunter
- Vacanze di Natale (in Italian)
- New York Times Movies