Giovanni Maria Morandi
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Giovanni Maria Morandi.|
Giovanni Maria Morandi (30 April 1622 – 18 February 1717) was an Italian painter, mainly active in Rome and his natal city of Florence, but also Venice. He is said to have priefly trained in Florence with Sigismondo Coccapani and Giovanni Bilivert.
In Rome, he painted numerous altarpieces, including the Death of Mary in the church of Santa Maria della Pace, but also works in Santa Maria in Vallicella and Santa Maria del Popolo. He painted an Annunciation for the church of Santa Maria della Scala in Siena. He also painted Cephalus and Love and Theseus and Ariadne Among his pupils were Francesco Conti, Giovanni Battista Marmi, Pietro Nelli, Francesco Zuccarelli and Odoardo Vicinelli.
He died in Rome on 18 February, 1717.
- Annunciation Santa Maria della Scala, Siena
- Visitation (1659) Santa Maria del Popolo
- Martyr of St. Lawrence Santa Maria dell' Anima
- Cephalus and Love and Theseus and Ariadne (Cefalo e Amore e Teseo e Arianna) hallway of the Palazzo Salviati at Trastevere
- Boreas Abducting Orithyia (1640) height: 205 mm (8.07 in), 246 mm (9.69 in), at the Museum Kunstpalast
- Portrait of Cardinal Marcello Durazzo, Laincel-Vento Collection, musée Calvet, Avignon
- Marriage of the Virgin
- Conversion of St. Paul, study
- Sigismund Francis of Austria
- Anna de' Medici
- Religious Liberation of Slaves from the Turks
- Lanzi, page 214
- Lanzi, Luigi (1847). Thomas Roscoe (translator), ed. History of Painting in Italy; From the Period of the Revival of the Fine Arts to the End of the Eighteenth Century I. London; Original from Oxford University, Digitized January 2007: Henry G. Bohn. p. 214.
- M. Lorenzoni, Le pitture del Duomo di Siena, Silvana, (2008)
- F. Bellini, Artisti a Roma: ritratti di pittori, De Luca, (2008)
- F. Petrucci, Il Museo del Barocco romano (The Roman Baroque Museum), De Luca, (2008)
- G. Bocchi, Pittori di natura morta a Roma -1630-1750, Arti grafiche castello - Viadana, (2005)
- E. Toti, Santa Maria della Scala, Protagon, (2008)
- A. Angelini, Alessandro VII Chigi, papa senese a Rom, Maschietto & Masolino, (2000)
- G. De Luca, Vicende di un dipinto di Giovanni Maria Morandi per il Duomo di Siena, in Prospettiva no. 138, (2010), p. 58-67