|Full name||Giovanni Pasquale|
|Date of birth||5 January 1982|
|Place of birth||Venaria Reale, Italy|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Left Back|
|2005||→ Siena (loan)||14||(0)|
|2005–2006||→ Parma (loan)||22||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Torino (loan)||13||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Pasquale started his career at Internazionale. Due to Francesco Coco's performance, he gained a place in first team. In January 2003, he signed a new contract for the club along with Nicola Beati and Obafemi Martins.
Following Francesco Coco failed to made permanent move and returned to Internazionale, Livorno signed Pasquale in a co-ownership deal, for €750,000. The co-ownership deal turned to permanent a year later, for another €400,000. (made a financial loss of €350,000 for the discount) He was the regular for the Serie A struggler, but after the team relegated again in June 2008, he was sold to Udinese which qualified to 2008–09 UEFA Cup.
Pasquale played regularly in 2008–09 season, Udinese used different squad for Serie A and UEFA Cup. Although Udinese failed to qualified again for UEFA Cup, the team signed Pasquale permanently from by-then Serie B promotion playoffs winner Livorno in June 2009. But he became Aleksandar Luković's backup in left back position in 2009–10 season, and played a few matches as left midfielder. But in January the coach changed the tactic which Luković became centre-back and Pasquale became left-back again, since against Napoli on 7 February.
In 2010–11 season he became a backup of Pablo Armero who played as a wing-back in a new 3–5–2 formation.
After Udinese sold numbers of players, the coach changed the tactic to 4–1–4–1 or 4–4–1–1 formation against Arsenal in 2011–12 UEFA Champions League playoffs round, with Armero as left midfielder and Neuton as new left-back. Pasquale played twice as substitute. However, he was excluded from the 25-men squad to 2011–12 UEFA Europa League.
Due to exclusion from the European match, he started the 2011–12 Serie A first round, with Neuton as backup and Armero ailing in Udinese's landmark 3–5–2 formation, as the coach utilised the squad to competitive in domestic and international competitions.
On 1 February 2012 Pasquale was re-instated to the Europa squad. He played the first knock-out round as left winger in the 3–5–1–1 formation, with Armero moved to the attacking midfielder/second forward or playemaker role.
In October 2012 he signed a new contract which will last until 30 June 2016, adding 3 more years to his previous contract.
In August 2013 he was loaned to Torino after original signing Andrea Dossena failed his medical with the club. His debut in granata came as a final substitute against Milan on 14 September 2013, conceding a penalty in stoppage time (2–2). Originally a backup player, he was inserted into the starting lineup after left-back Danilo D'Ambrosio was frozen out of the squad following a contract dispute. However, his uninspiring performances soon led to him being dropped in favour of Salvatore Masiello, who was injured warming up before the derby in February 2014 with Juventus. In the same month, Pasquale was also injured, prematurely ending his season with just 13 appearances.
- As of 24 August 2011
- "Inter tie up promising trio". UEFA.com. 6 January 2003. Retrieved 29 October 2009.
- "PASQUALE TO SIENA. "ARRIVEDERCI INTER"". FC Internazionale Milano. 14 January 2005. Retrieved 29 October 2009.
- "PASQUALE ON LOAN TO PARMA". FC Internazionale Milano. 6 July 2005. Retrieved 29 October 2009.
- "GIOVANNI PASQUALE JOINS LIVORNO". FC Internazionale Milano. 7 July 2006. Retrieved 29 October 2009.
- FC Internazionale Milano 2006–07 Bilancio (Report and Accounts), Require Purchase in CCIAA (Italian)
- "I 20 convocati per la trasferta di Lecce". Udinese Calcio (in Italian). 10 September 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2011.
- "Pasquale in bianconero sino al 2016!" (in Italian). Udinese Calcio. 18 October 2012. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "TORINO VS. MILAN 2 - 2". soccerway.com. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "DANILO D'AMBROSIO SIGNS FOR INTER". inter.it. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Milan on Nainggolan and D'Ambrosio". football-italia.net. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Darmian-Heurtaux, stravince il granata". toro.it (in Italian). Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Juventus-Torino, le formazioni: problema per Masiello, c'è Pasquale". tuttomercatoweb.com (in Italian). Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "Toro, per Pasquale stagione finita, o quasi". toronews.net. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "G. Pasquale". soccerway.com. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- FIGC (Italian)
- Profile at La Gazzetta dello Sport (Italian)
- Profile at Football.it (Italian)