||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Born||Antonino Giovanni Ribisi
December 17, 1974
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Vonni Ribisi|
|Spouse(s)||Mariah O'Brien (m. 1997; div. 2001)
Agyness Deyn (m. 2012)
|Relatives||Marissa Ribisi (sister)
Gina Ribisi (sister)
Antonino Giovanni Ribisi (born December 17, 1974), better known professionally as Giovanni Ribisi, is an American actor and producer who has appeared in over 40 films and 25 television shows.
Ribisi was born in Los Angeles, California. His father, Albert Anthony Ribisi, is a musician who had been the keyboard player in People! (a band whose cover version of "I Love You" reached No. 14 on Billboard's Hot 100, in spring 1968), and his mother, Gay (née Landrum), is a manager of actors and writers. Ribisi is the twin brother of actress Marissa Ribisi and the brother of Gina Ribisi, a voice actress. Ribisi is of Italian (from his paternal grandfather), German, and English descent.
Ribisi began his career on television shows as a child with recurring and guest roles on a number of shows, including The New Leave It to Beaver, Married... with Children, The Wonder Years, and My Two Dads. He entered the public eye with a prominent performance in The X-Files episode "D.P.O." (an episode that also starred Jack Black), as well as with his recurring role as Frank, Jr., the brother of Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow) on Friends, but also appeared as an extra earlier on in season 2 "The One with the Baby on the Bus".
Between 2005 and 2008, he has appeared in multiple episodes of My Name Is Earl as the recurring character Ralph, earning a 2007 Emmy nomination for his performance on the series. Ribisi has appeared on the video of British band Keane's single "Crystal Ball", which was released worldwide on August 21, 2006. He appeared with Winona Ryder and John C. Reilly in Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's music video "Talk About the Blues". In September 2008, he appeared twice on the HBO comedy series Entourage.
Marriages and children
Ribisi married actress Mariah O'Brien in 1997. They had a daughter, Lucia, before divorcing in 2001. In 2007, he began a relationship with indie rock singer-songwriter Cat Power. The couple lived together for five years before ending their relationship in 2012.
Ribisi is an active Scientologist, and participated in the gala opening of Scientology's "Psychiatry: An Industry of Death" Museum in December 2005. His twin sister, Marissa, is married to musician Beck, and also practices Scientology. Ribisi's daughter Lucia was featured on Beck's album The Information and two of Sia's albums, Some People Have Real Problems and We Are Born.
|1985||Highway to Heaven||Curtis Johnson||2 episodes
Nominated—Young Artist Award for Best Younger Guest Actor in a Television Series
|1985||Simon & Simon||Kid #1||Episode: The Skull of Nostradamus|
|1985||The Twilight Zone||Teddy||Episode: The Beacon|
|1985–1989||The New Leave It to Beaver||Duffy Guthrie||15 episodes|
|1987/89||Married... with Children||Teddy||2 episodes|
|1987–1990||My Two Dads||Cory Kupkus||30 episodes
Nominated—Young Artist Award for Best Younger Actor in a Comedy Series
Nominated—Young Artist Award for Best Younger Actor Starring in a Television Series
|1991||Blossom||Mitchell||Episode: Blossom Blossoms|
|1991–1992||Davis Rules||Skinner Buckley||16 episodes|
|1993||The Wonder Years||Jeff Bilings||15 episodes
Nominated—Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor Recurring in a Television Series
|1993||The Commish||Joey Burke||2 episodes|
|1993||Family Album||Elvis DeMattis||6 episodes|
|1993||The Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom||Pete Reyes||Television movie|
|1994||Walker, Texas Ranger||Tony Kingston||2 episodes|
|1994||NYPD Blue||Bruce||2 episodes|
|1995||The X-Files||Darin Peter Oswald||Episode: D.P.O.|
|1995||Marker||Eddie||Episode: Dead Man's Marker|
|1995||Chicago Hope||Michael Weber||Episode: Every Day a Little Death|
|1996||Tracey Takes On...||Dad||Episode: Family|
|Friends||Frank Buffay, Jr.||9 episodes|
|1999||The Hunger||Eddie Foden||Episode: Sanctuary|
|2001||Shot in the Heart||Mikal Gilmore||Television movie|
|2005–2008||My Name Is Earl||Ralph Mariano||6 episodes
Nominated—Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series
|2010||Memphis Beat||Gene Templer||Episode: One Night of Sin|
Episode: Call Girl
|2013–2014||Dads||Warner Whittemore||18 episodes|
|2003||I Love Your Work||Gray Evans|
|2003||Call of Duty||Lt. Elder|
|2006||Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure||Kry1|
|2009||James Cameron's Avatar: The Game||Parker Selfridge|
- "Marissa Ribisi Biography (1974?-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved January 18, 2010.
- "Giovanni Ribisi goes the distance to portray a character". Accessmylibrary.com. November 1, 2001. Retrieved January 18, 2010.
- "Antinino Giovanni Ribisi family tree". Home.iae.nl. Retrieved January 18, 2010.
- "Giovanni Ribisi weds model Agyness Deyn". sfgate.com. June 22, 2012.
- "Giovanni Ribisi weds model Agyness Deyn". express.co.uk. June 22, 2012.
- Kandell, Steve (August 27, 2012). "Cat Power: Raw Power". spin.com. pp. 1–2.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (June 21, 2012). "Giovanni Ribisi, Agyness Deyn get married oh so quietly". Los Angeles Times.
- "Giovanni Ribisi Weds Model Agyness Deyn". People. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- NOW Magazine[dead link] Issue April 12–18, 2007, Toronto, CA. Retrieved on April 13, 2007. Quote: "Q: You once said that if it weren't for Scientology you would be in an alley. What did you mean? A: That was probably a while back when I was a teenager and a lot more dramatic. I grew up with Scientology – my parents at one point were clerical. It's a pragmatic philosophy, not merely a belief system. Yeah, it's had media exposure because certain luminaries do Scientology, but millions of people do it who are not celebrities. It's not a threat or some cult."
- Religion of Celebrities, quoting ABC News
- "CCHR Museum Opening, 2005". Cchr.org. Retrieved January 18, 2010.
- ABC News Celebrity Scientologists
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Giovanni Ribisi.|