Girish Kulkarni at Masala Premier
|Born||Girish Pandurang Kulkarni
Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Occupation||Actor, Writer, Producer|
|Awards||National Film Awards
2011 - Best Actor
Girish Pandurang Kulkarni is a National Award winning Indian film actor, writer, and producer. He is known for Marathi films such as Valu (The Wild Bull), Vihir (The Well) and Deool (The Temple).
Girish Kulkarni was born in Paranda Tal. of Osmanabad Dist: and brought up in Pune. He did his Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from PLGPL, Latur. While studying in Latur, he was involved in local stage plays. After finishing his diploma he worked for a private Engg. companies for some time but decided to pursue career in writing.
Before starting his acting career, Girish Kulkarni was working with Radio Mirchi as cluster programming head. Many of the characters he writes reflect authentic village people. Valu was a simple, light movie describing various stereotype characters found in an Indian village through a simple story about a Wild Bull which needs to be caught. In Gabhricha Paus, he describes a tragic story of an Indian farmer from a small village in Vidarbha who is suffering because of low rain, evil money lenders and negligence of farmers by the Indian government. Vihir was an abstract movie which tells a story about an adolescent boy who sets out to understand the meaning of life and death after his cousin and close friend dies. Vihir was screened at Berlin Festival and garnered a huge appreciation from all over the world. His latest movie is Deool, which portrays how politicians manipulate the belief of people in the name of God. His new movie "Masala" released on 20 April 2012.
|2013||Pune 52||Amar Aapte|
|2008||Valu||Story, screenplay, Dialogues and producer|
|2009||Vihir||Story, screenplay, Dialogues|
|2011||Deool||Story, screenplay, Dialogues|
|2012||Masala||Story, screenplay, Dialogues|
- National Film Awards
- 2011 Deool - National Film Award for Best Actor
- 2011 Deool - National Film Award for Best Screenplay (Best Dialogue)
- Name *. "Girish Kulkarni". Mumbai Cinemas. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- By Square on (2012-03-12). "Girish Kulkarni Latest Movies Videos Images Photos Wallpapers Songs Biography Trivia On". Gomolo.com. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Shakti Salgaonkar (20 Apr 2012). "Review: Masala (Marathi)". Mumbai: DNA. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- Vidya Balan, Girish Kulkarni big winners at National Film Awards
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Girish Kulkarni.|