Girl o' My Dreams
|Girl o' My Dreams|
|Directed by||Ray McCarey|
|Produced by||William T. Lackey|
|Written by||George Waggner (screenplay)
George Waggner (story)
Edward J. Nugent
|Music by||Edward Ward|
|Cinematography||Ira H. Morgan|
|Edited by||Jack Ogilvie|
|Distributed by||Monogram Pictures|
|Release date(s)||17 November 1934|
|Running time||65 to 70 minutes|
Girl o' My Dreams (a.k.a. Love Race) is a 1934 American college comedy film directed by Ray McCarey.
Larry Haines (Edward J. Nugent) is the school's track champion. The “Big Man on Campus”, his success goes straight to his head. His friends, Spec Early (Sterling Holloway), Bobby Barnes (Arthur Lake), and his girlfriend Gwen (Mary Carlisle), get fed up with him, and his swollen head.
They decide that he needs to get his big head deflated; so, they rig the “Joe Senior” college contest, so Larry comes in second. They make sure Don Cooper (Lon Chaney Jr.) wins; and, he begins to go out with Gwen, much to the dismay of his own steady girlfriend Mary (Gigi Parrish).
It soon becomes clear that Mary's not the only thing Don's forgotten about. It looks like both Don and Larry are in such a muddle they, and, their school, are going to lose the track meet. Once again, it's up to the girls to sort out the mess, and spur them on to victory.
- Mary Carlisle as Gwen
- Sterling Holloway as Spec Early
- Edward J. Nugent as Larry Haines
- Arthur Lake as Bobby Barnes
- Lon Chaney Jr. as Don Cooper
- Tom Dugan as Joe Smiley
- Gigi Parrish as Mary
- Jeanie Roberts as Kittens
- Betty Mae Crane of The Crane Sisters as 'Nip and Tuck' Twin
- Beverly Crane of The Crane Sisters as 'Nip and Tuck' Twin
- Lee Shumway as Coach
- Ted Dahl as Orchestra Leader
- Girl o' My Dreams at the Internet Movie Database
- Girl o' My Dreams is available for free download at the Internet Archive [more]
|This article about a comedy–drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|