Girls of Summer
|"Girls of Summer"|
|Single by Aerosmith|
|from the album O, Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits|
|Released||August 22, 2002|
|Aerosmith singles chronology|
"Girls of Summer" is a single by American hard rock band Aerosmith. The song was written by lead singer Steven Tyler, guitarist Joe Perry and professional songwriter Marti Frederiksen. It was released in 2002 as the only single from the band's 2002 greatest hits album, O, Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits.
The single reached #25 on the U.S. Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.
The song was nominated for a Grammy award in 2003 in the category "Best Rock Performance By A Duo or Group with Vocal."
Music video 
As Steven Tyler is shown on the beach, the music video depicted the summer activities of the girls in different time points:
- 6:45: The Morning After - Jaime takes a photo of a guy she sleeps with as he is still sleeping and leaves.
- 10:00 AM: The Kiss and Tell - Jaime meets up with Kim and Nichole as they go over their photos.
- 1:45 PM: Retail Therapy - The girls go into a swimwear store and try on bikinis. Kim seduces a desk clerk to make out with her until Jaime and Nichole get her out of there.
- 2:23 PM: The Mating Call - When the girls cross the street and are complimented by some guys in a car, Jaime licks the car until she breaks off a part of it and puts it in her car.
- 4:00 PM: The Beautification Hour - The girls arrive at the beach in their string bikinis where Jaime and Nichole sunbathe while Kim relaxes in the surf. When a guy comes up to Jaime, she pulls down his swim trunks as he runs off.
- 5:00 PM: The Sand Off - The girls wash the sand off of them at a beach shower as a boy watches them. The girls just smile at the boy.
- 6:10 PM: Breakin' the Law - The girls ride motorbikes in a "No Motorized Vehicles Allowed" area.
- 7:43 PM: Soul Searching - While Jaime relaxes in the bathtub and Nichole relaxes on the deck, Kim does some soul searching and leaves a message on her parent's answering machine.
- 10:27 PM: The Wine 'n Dine - At a restaurant, the girls have dinner and wine. When it comes to the bill being expensive, the girls run out.
- 3:14 AM: We Be Clubbing - The girls dance at a beach club. While Nichole and Kim dance in the suds, a guy bumps into Jaime who ends up slapping her.
In the final scene, Steven Tyler finds a sandwich on the beach. When he puts it in his mouth, he learns too late that it was a bait as Steven is reeled into the ocean.
Track listing 
- "Girls of Summer" (album version)
- "Jaded" (album version)
- "Walk This Way" (live '97)
- "Girls of Summer" (video version)
- "Aerosmith gets a Grammy nod for Girls of Summer | Aerosmith News". AeroForceOne. 2003-01-07. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Filmbug; Aerosmith News". AeroForceOne. 2003-01-07. Retrieved 2012-05-25.