16 November 1988 |
Espirito Santo, Brazil
|Manager||Inega Model Management|
Giselli Monteiro (born 16 November 1988) is a Brazilian model and Bollywood actress. She made her film-debut playing the role of "Harleen Kaur" in the 2009 Bollywood film Love Aaj Kal, directed by Imtiaz Ali.
Early life and career
Monteiro was born in São Mateus, Espírito Santo, Brazil. She started her modeling career at the age of seventeen and has travelled to Italy, Germany, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand and Philippines. She came to Mumbai, India in 2008. She began her acting career in Bollywood, portraying the role of the old-fashioned Punjabi girl, Harleen Kaur, in Imtiaz Ali's Love Aaj Kal which also stars Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone. She was purposely kept under wraps during the film's promotion. Following the film's release, her identity was revealed, and it was also revealed that she had approached Ali through designer Anaita Shroff Adajania to audition for the role of Jo, Saif Ali Khan's Caucasian girlfriend in the second-half of the film, but, on his wife's suggestion Ali took her for Harleen's part, especially since he had not been able to cast for that role despite auditioning girls from all over India.
She was featured on the covers of Indian edition of Harpers Bazaar, ELLE, Marie Clarie and Femina.
Lately she appeared on Westside, the chain of Fashion retail stores' new brand campaign Advertisement starting September 2011.
In early 2012 she became the face of Jhoomar, a fashion boutique based in Kolkata, India.
|2009||Love Aaj Kal||Harleen Kaur||Nominated: Star Screen Awards Most Promising Newcomer
Nominated: Stardust Awards (Exciting New Face)
Nominated: IIFA Awards
|2011||Always Kabhi Kabhi||Aishwarya Dhawan|
- "Giselli aaj, Harleen kal". The Telegraph, India. 2009-08-12. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- "Love Aaj Kal's Punjabi kudi 'Harleen' is actually Brazilian model Giselle Monteiro". Bollywood Hungama. 2009-08-03.
- "Giselle´s Life". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 2009-08-02.
- ""Saif isn't even aware about my fees for Love Aaj Kal" – Imtiaz Ali". Bollywood Hungama. 2009-07-30.
- Kissa kudis ka. Mumbai Mirror (2009-08-02). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.
- Giselli Monterio lights up the S/S'10 Campaign. imagesfashion.com (2010-04-23).
- Movil Mobiles eyes 5000 shops in southern India. Business-standard.com (2010-03-04). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.
- Giselle Monteiro new face of PC Jewellers. Extramirchi.com (2009-09-27). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.
- Fantástico – Todos os programas – NOTÍCIAS – Mumbai tem residência mais cara do mundo e maior favela da Ásia. Fantastico.globo.com (2010-05-24). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.
- Fashion Store: Giselle Monteiro Unveils Jhoomar ~ The Fashion boutique in Kolkata. indianfashiontrends.com (2012-04-02). Retrieved on 2012-10-29.
- Review: Laaga Chunari Mein Daag Movie Review (Laga Chunari Mein Daag / Dag). Indicine.com (2007-10-12). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Giselli Monteiro.|