|Traded as||BSE: 532715
|Industry||Diamond and Jewellery|
|Mehul C Choksi, Chairman|
|Products||Diamond, jewellery, retail & lifestyle and infrastructure|
|Revenue||125 billion (US$2.0 billion)|
Gitanjali Group is one of the largest branded jewellery retailers in the world. It is headquartered in Mumbai, India Gitanjali sells its jewellery through over 4000 Points of Sale and enjoys a market share of over 50 per cent of the overall organised jewellery market in India. Prominent brands housed by the group are Nakshatra, D'damas, Gili, Asmi, Sangini, Maya, Giantti, World of Solitaire, Shuddhi, Diya to name a few.
Gitanjali is engaged in the cutting and polishing diamonds as well as in jewellery manufacturing, branding and retailing. It exports its cut and polished diamonds, as well as its diamond and other jewellery products to various international markets such as the USA, Middle East, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Thailand and to markets in Europe such as Antwerp and Italy. The group remains a dominant player in the diamond and jewellery segments. It has also recently forayed into the retail and lifestyle space.
Gitanjali is headquartered in Mumbai and enjoys a pan India presence with more than 4,000 points of sale across a total area of 1.7 million sq ft. The group has 120 outlets internationally .and a presence in significant jewellery markets such as the United States, the Middle East, Europe as well as markets in Asia, such as Japan, China, Hong Kong and Thailand.
The company has been listed on Bombay Stock Exchange with script code 532715, National Stock Exchange of India script name Gitanjali It has also recently entered the ecommerce market through a marketplace Jewelsouk and an exclusive online store Gitanjali Gifts and Xebec is their agency of choice.
- "Gitanjali Group". Gitanjali Group. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "Gitanjali seeks patents for 25 new diamond cuts". The Hindu Business Line. 6 December 2003. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "Gitanjali Group eyes Rs 10K cr turnover in two years". Business-standard.com. 4 March 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "Gitanjali Group". Gitanjali Group. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
- Gitanjali Group receives Hellen Keller award
- Gitanjali Group eyes Rs300 crore exports from Hyderabad SEZ
- Gitanjali group gets Shell Helen Keller award for its CSR initiatives