Rancic at the 81st Academy Awards, 2009.
August 17, 1974
|Alma mater||University of Maryland, College Park
|Occupation||Television personality, journalist|
Giuliana & Bill
|Children||Edward Duke Rancic
Giuliana Rancic (née DePandi; born August 17, 1974) is an Italian-American television personality and journalist. She currently is a co-anchor on E! News, the flagship entertainment news program of E!, and co-hosts "Fashion Police" on E!. Since she was made anchor in 2005, viewership for "E! News" has risen over 50% across the board. In addition to her news anchoring duties, Rancic often co-hosts red carpet events for award shows, such as the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. On March 13, 2006, she was joined as anchor of E! News by Ryan Seacrest. She is the creator and executive producer of MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstar, which premiered in 2007. She appeared in the movie Bring It On: Fight to the Finish in a brief scene. She also has hosted the Miss USA and Miss Universe beauty pageants on NBC. She also is a co-founder of FabFitFun, a woman's health, beauty, and fashion site.
Giuliana Rancic was born in Italy in 1974. As a young girl, she immigrated to Bethesda, Maryland. Her father, Eduardo DePandi, is a master tailor. The DePandi family owns DePandi, a high-end men's clothing store in Chevy Chase, Maryland. She has two siblings: sister, Monica, and an opera singer brother, Pasquale DePandi. She learned English by watching hours of news channels. She also said, on The E! True Hollywood Story, that from elementary school she had wanted to become an anchorwoman. After attending Walt Whitman High School, she went on to receive a bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Maryland, College Park, and a master's degree in journalism from American University, at the American University School of Communication in Washington, D.C.. While there, she reported for a Capitol Hill news bureau, covering the Pentagon, the Supreme Court, the White House and the State Department. Giuliana was on Miss Maryland twice and was the co-host on The Miss USA Pageant twice.
The two publicly have discussed their fertility issues on television talk shows, having tried to conceive since approximately the beginning of 2009. The couple began in vitro fertilization (IVF) in March 2010, and Rancic got pregnant in the spring of 2010; however, she suffered a miscarriage at nine weeks. Rancic had an IVF transfer for a second time in November 2010, however the procedure did not result in a pregnancy. When the couple decided to try for a third round of IVF, her doctor recommended a mammogram, which is how she found out she had breast cancer. Despite her condition, the couple were still motivated to have a baby, so they continued with the egg retrieval and found a surrogate.
On April 23, 2012, Giuliana and Bill announced on The Today Show that they were expecting their first child, via gestational carrier, due in late summer.
On October 17, 2011, during an interview on Today, Rancic announced she had been diagnosed with an early stage breast cancer, for which she would be treated with a lumpectomy, followed by radiation. She underwent surgery in mid-October 2011 and returned to work at E! News about a week later. On December 5, 2011, Rancic disclosed she had decided to undergo a double mastectomy.
|2003||Malibu's Most Wanted||Massage girls||Known as Giuliana DePandi|
|2005–present||E! News||Co-Host as Herself||Co-host since March 13, 2006|
|2007||Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer||Herself||Cameo spot in the film|
|2009||Bring It On: Fight to the Finish||Herself||Cameo spot in the film|
|2009||Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?||Herself||Played on game show for charity on October 13, 2009. Some footage was shown on her and her husband's reality show Giuliana and Bill on Style Network|
|2010–present||Giuliana and Bill||Herself||Reality show with her husband, Bill Rancic, on Style Network|
|2010–present||Fashion Police||Co-Host as Herself||Alongside Kelly Osbourne, Joan Rivers, and George Kotsiopoulos; Co-host since September 10, 2010|
|2011||After Lately||Herself||Guest Starred in the episode "Whose Vagina is it, Anyway?!"|
|2011||Miss USA 2011||Co-Host as Herself||Alongside Kelly Osbourne, Andy Cohen, Susie Castillo|
|2011||Chelsea Lately||Herself||Guest Starred in the interview segment alongside her husband, Bill Rancic|
|2012||E! True Hollywood Story||Herself||Biography of her life|
|2012||Miss USA 2012||Co-Host as Herself||Alongside Kelly Osbourne, Andy Cohen, Jeannie Mai|
|2012||Miss Universe 2012||Co-Host as Herself||Alongside Andy Cohen|
|2013||Ready for Love||Co-Host as Herself||Alongside husband Bill Rancic|
|2013||Miss USA 2013||Co-Host as Herself||Alongside Nick Jonas|
Rancic was ranked #94 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2004. She was also featured in People magazine's 100 Most Beautiful of 2006 issue. Giuliana was nominated Favorite TV Celebreality Star for the 2012 People's Choice Awards.
- Think Like a Guy: How to Get a Guy by Thinking Like One by Giuliana DePandi-Rancic (2006) ISBN 0-312-35437-1
- I Do, Now What? by Giuliana and Bill Rancic (2010) ISBN 0-345-52499-3
- Giuliana Rancic (December 5, 2011). "Giuliana Rancic to have double mastectomy" (Television production). 4:59 of 6:11 clip: Today via MSNBC.com. Archived from the original on December 5, 2011. "When they first told me mastectomy was an option I said absolutely not, absolutely not, I am 37 years old, I don't want to do that."
- Dyball, Rennie (December 5, 2011). "Giuliana and Bill Rancic Thank Fans for Prayers". People.
- *Official site. Biography at "About" page
- Dagostino, Mark (December 16, 2006). "Apprentice's Bill Rancic, E!'s Giuliana DePandi To Wed". People. Retrieved January 23, 2007.
- E! News - You're Squired: E!'s Giuliana Weds Apprentice's Bill - Donald J Trump | Ryan Seacrest
- Cady, Jennifer (February 25, 2010). "Giuliana & Bill Rancic Share In Vitro Struggle". E! Online. Retrieved October 16, 2010.
- Errico, Marcus (September 30, 2010). "Bill and Giuliana Rancic: We Had a Miscarriage". E! Online. Retrieved October 16, 2010.
- "Giuliana Rancic Opens Up About Her Miscarriage". E! Online. September 30, 2010. Retrieved October 16, 2010.
- "Last Chance". Giuliana & Bill. December 20, 2010. E! Entertainment Television.
- Finn, Natalie and Nessif, Bruna (29 August 2012). "Giuliana and Bill Rancic Welcome a Baby Boy!". E! Online.
- "Giuliana Rancic returns back to work at E! News just days after undergoing double lumpectomy". New York Daily News. 25 October 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- Errico, Marcus (December 5, 2011). "Giuliana Rancic Getting Double Mastectomy: "I Will Come Back a Better Woman"". E! Online. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- "FreeJose.com". Maxim Magazine Hot 100 Women of 2004. Retrieved January 23, 2007.
- Gicas, Peter (November 8, 2011). "Harry Potter Works His Magic, Yet Again, With the People". E! News. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Giuliana Rancic.|
- Giuliana Rancic on E! Online
- Giuliana Rancic at the Internet Movie Database
- G's Blog
|Host of Miss Universe with Andy Cohen
Thomas Roberts and Mel B