Give Me One More Shot
|"Give Me One More Shot"|
|Single by Alabama|
|from the album Greatest Hits Vol. III|
|B-side||"Jukebox in My Mind"|
|Released||February 6, 1995|
|Alabama singles chronology|
"Give Me One More Shot" is a song written by Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry and Ronnie Rogers, and recorded by American country music group Alabama. It was released in February 1995 as the second and final single from their album Greatest Hits Vol. III. It peaked at number 3 in both the United States and Canada.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that "longtime fans of this venerable band will fall in love with this midtempo number and its upbeat, one-day-at-a-time message." She goes on to say that the hooks "are strong enough to reel in a few of the skeptics out there."
The song's narrator wants another shot and one more day as he struggles through life, including taxes.
"Give Me One More Shot" debuted at number 56 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of February 11, 1995.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||92|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||19|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 19. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, February 11, 1995
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 9044." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 1, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Alabama Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alabama.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1995". RPM. December 18, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Best of 1995: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|