List of Luther Vandross tours
This is a list of Luther Vandross concert tours. Luther Vandross was an American singer-songwriter and record producer. Throughout his career, Vandross was an in demand background vocalist for several different artists including Chaka Khan, Bette Midler, Diana Ross, David Bowie, Barbra Streisand, and Donna Summer. He later became the lead singer of the group Change which released its certified gold debut album, The Glow of Love, in 1980 on Warner Bros. Records. After Vandross left the group, he was signed to Epic Records as a solo artist and released his debut solo album, Never Too Much in 1981. During his career, Vandross sold over 25 million records worldwide and received eight Grammy Awards.
Luther Vandross tours
- Luther Tour (1981) - Vandross served as a supporting act for several artist to promote his debut album, Never Too Much released in November of 1981.
- Forever For Always For Love Tour (1982) – the first major headlining tour by Luther Vandross, it supported his second Platinum hit album Forever, For Always, For Love. The outing spanned over a year, starting on February 14, in Boston, Massachusetts, visiting several cities across the U.S. and Europe from 1982 to the summer of 1983.
- Busy Body Tour (1984) – occurred in support of his album Busy Body. Following the album release and its first single, "I'll Let You Slide", Vandross kicked-off the four-month U.S. tour in early January, visiting several cities across the U.S. to late-April. The tour resumed for a second outing with additional dates throughout the summer.
- The Night I Fell in Love Tour (1985)
- Give Me the Reason Tour (1987)
- Any Love World Tour (1988-89) – in support of his Platinum selling album Any Love. Following its release, debuting in the top ten pop album charts, Vandross kicked-off a three-month tour in the U.S. The trek started on September 28, in Washington, D.C., with singer Anita Baker joining as an opening co-headliner in October; billed as The Heat: Luther & Anita Live!.
- Power of Love Tour (1991)
- Never Let Me Go Tour (1993-95)
- Your Secret Love (1997 - 98)
- Take You Out Tour (2001-02)
- BK Got Soul Tour (2002) – a co-headlining summer concert tour in 2002 by American recording R&B artists' Luther Vandross, Gerald Levert and Angie Stone; and featured special guest Michelle Williams. The tour kicked off on August 15, in Boston, MA, visiting 19 cities across North America. The tour would be Vandross last and final outing throughout his music career.
- Luther Live! (2003)
- "Luther Vandross". AskMen.com (UK Edition). Retrieved 2006-12-02.
- "Vandross' Funeral Soulful and Powerful". Yahoo! News. July 8, 2005. Retrieved 2006-12-02.
- Baker, Vandross; the billing, no cooing.www.articles.latimes.com
- Luther Vandross and Levert lead 'summer soul' Charge Tour.www.billboard.com
- BK Got Music Summer Soul Tour.www.pitch.com