Giving You the Best That I Got is the third album by the American R&B/soul singer Anita Baker. It was Baker's first and only #1 Pop album in the US, the second #1 R&B Album, and was certified 3x platinum in 1989 by the RIAA.
The title track was released as the first single from the album and became Baker's highest charting single in the US, peaking at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
The album also earned Baker three Grammy Awards and three Soul Train Music Awards.
- "Priceless" (Garry Glenn) 5:00
- "Lead Me into Love" (Steve Lane, Larry Prentiss) 4:45
- "Giving You the Best That I Got" (Baker, Randy Holland, Skip Scarborough) 4:18
- "Good Love" (Gary Taylor) 5:39
- "Rules" (Graham Lamb, Phil Nicholl, Maggie Ryder) 3:52
- "Good Enough" (Baker, James McBride) 4:50
- "Just Because" (Alex Brown, Sammy McKinney, Michael O'Hara) 5:13
- "You Belong to Me" (Terry Britten, Billy Livsey, Graham Lyle) 3:43
- Executive Producer: Anita Baker
- Produced By Michael J. Powell
- Mixed & Engineered By Nick Viterelli, Elliot Peters, Bruce Nazarian, Milton Chan, Craig Burbridge, Mike Brown
- Mastered By Bernie Grundman
- A&R By Raoul Roach
- Anita Baker: Lead Vocals, Executive Producer, Vocal Arrangements
- Gerald Albright, Reverend Dave Boruff, Courtlen Hale: Saxophone
- Reverend Dave Boruff, Robbie Buchanan, Sonny Burke, George Duke, Vernon D. Fails, Sir Gant, Bobby Lyle, Patrick Moten, Bruce Nazarian, Peter Schwartz, David Spradley, Gary Taylor, Neal Walker: Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer
- Nathan East: Bass
- Chuck Findley: Trumpet
- Donnie Lyle, Paul Jackson, Jr., Kevin Moore, Michael J. Powell: Guitars
- Omar Hakim, Joseph Vitarelli, Paulinho Da Costa: Drums, Percussion
- The Perri Sisters - Carol Perri, Lori Perri, Darlene Perri, Sharon Perri - background vocals