Giza Solar boat museum
The Giza Solar boat museum was constructed around 1985. It is dedicated to display the reconstructed Khufu solar ship.
It was constructed next to the Great Pyramid of Khufu. The museum is equipped with modern techniques and technologies in order to preserve the solar boat. The museum lies just a few meters from where it was found on the southern side of the pyramid.
- Reassembled Khufu ship (The ship was fully re-assembled in 1968) (The ship was dissembled around the funeral rites into 1224 small pieces before being buried near the pyramids in the boat pit). The museum is constructed so as to enable viewing the boat from three different levels in three floors. In the ground floor, one can view the bottom of the boat.
- A maquette Khufu Solar ship.
- Photos of the discovery & reassembling of the ship.
- Ancient Egyptian solar ships
- Abydos boats
- Solar barge
- Ancient Egyptian technology
- Ships preserved in museums
- Khufu ship
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Khufu Boat Museum.|
- Web archive backup: Ships of the World: An Historical Encyclopedia – "Cheops ship"
- A Visitors Perspective of the Khufu Boat Museum
- Supreme Council of Antiquities of Egypt: Khufu Boat Museum