Glamour of the Kill
|Glamour of the Kill|
|Also known as||GOTK|
|Origin||York, United Kingdom|
|Labels||Siege of Amida|
"Glamour of the Kill" were formed in January 2007. They take their name from a line in a He Is Legend track - I Am Hollywood. The band's mainstream popularity was assisted by a 10/10 Metal Hammer review for their debut demo EP Through the Dark They March. This led to tours with Bullet for My Valentine, Darkest Hour and Avenged Sevenfold.
In 2008, the band licensed their debut release with independent label Siege of Amida Records. The self-titled Glamour of the Kill contained a re-recorded version of the previous EP's popular track 'Rise From Your Grave'. This EP was also given high ratings from critics throughout the UK. They were also a part of the Main Stage at the years Download Festival.
2009 saw the band support the likes of Escape The Fate and Wednesday 13 as well as making as this, GOTK played at the UK leg of Sonisphere, a European festival Headlined by Metallica and Linkin Park. This later lead to the band touring with DragonForce in the UK in the winter of 2009. The track A Hope In Hell was also featured on the game Dirt 2.
2010 has already seen the band playing Eurosonic Festival, Holland, a massive 38 date headline UK tour with support from Yashin titled "In For The Kill". The band have also appeared at Powerfest, Amsterdam, they also played the Red Bull stage at Download Festival 2010.
On 28 October 2010 The band announced their first studio album "The Summoning". A statement from the band via email to the G.O.L.D Members read "We are very happy to announce the that our debut album "The Summoning" will be hitting all stores across Europe on the 24th January 2011. Special Pre-order packages will be available with exclusive bonus content as well as additional exclusive songs! More info on that coming soon."
On November 13, 2010 the band released the video for the first single off the upcoming album: "Feeling Alive". The video then went on to become an exclusive on Kerrang! - becoming Video of the Week.
The Summoning (2011)
On January 24, 2011, Glamour of the Kill released their first full studio album - The Summoning. This album was supported by a 29-date tour of the UK, starting on 17 February at The Lamp in Hull, with the final date on 2 April; when the band played The Cockpit in Leeds. They continued their presence in the Dirt video game series, with "Feeling Alive" being on the soundtrack of Dirt 3.
From October 5, 2011 Glamour of the Kill will be one of the support acts for Forever The Sickest Kids UK tour along with Decade and Action Item. They will be playing in Norwich, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Cardiff, Portsmouth and London. The tour will come to an end on October 13 in London.
For the first time, Glamour of the Kill played their full debut album in its entirety in Manchester, Newcastle, York and Leicester from 15 to 18 December.
The band opened for We Came as Romans and Alesana along with Iwrestledabearonce across Europe and the UK in Jan/Feb. They then joined a European tour with Yashin and Dear Superstar across Europe in March/April. They were then added as the local support for the Newcastle date of the 2012 Jagermeister Music Tour, supporting Skindred, Therapy? and Black Spiders. The event was performed at the O2 Academy in Newcastle Upon Tyne on Thursday April 12, 2012. Shortly after the band signed to eOne Entertainment Music worldwide. October/November saw the band fly out for their first tour of the USA on the Inked Music Tour along with Alesana, In Fear and Faith, Vampires Everywhere and This or the Apocalypse. Nov/Dec Band enter the studio to work on their second full length album with Producer Joey Sturgis and engineer Nick Scott.
On July 16, the first single off the bands upcoming second album "Savages", was released, the track entitled "Break."
On September 3rd, their new music video "Second Chance" came out on frontarmy.com
- Chris Gomerson - guitars, backing vocals (2008–present)
- Mike Kingswood - guitars, backing vocals (2007–present)
- Davey Richmond - lead vocals, bass guitar (2007–present)
- Ben Thomson - drums, backing vocals (2007–present)
- Studio albums
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2009)|
- "Glamour of the Kill". Last.fm. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- "Glamour of the Kill Announce Their Debut Release". Metal Hammer (Future Publishing Limited). May 7, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- Haynes, Rob (July 28, 2008). "Berserker metal from Glamour of the Kill". Metro (Associated Newspapers Limited). Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- Smirke, Richard (July 31, 2008). "Five questions for Glamour of the Kill". Metro (Associated Newspapers Limited). Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- Pain, Andrew (1 August 2008). "Glamour clamour". Evening Gazette (Gazette Media Company Limited). Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- "Glamour of the Kill : Through The Dark They March". The Talk Magazine. July 2007. Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- Wade, R L (August 2008). "Architects + Glamour of the Kill + Edmund Kemper - Fibbers - 10/07/07". The Talk Magazine. Retrieved 2009-02-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Glamour of the Kill.|