||This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (May 2008)|
|Key people||Rich Baker, Founder & CTO, Tom Martin, CEO|
|Products||Visual engagement & collaboration|
|Footnotes / references
The company was founded in 2000 by Taylor Kew and Rich Baker. Glance is subscription based: businesses subscribe on an annual, monthly or daily basis. Glance eschews most traditional marketing strategies in favor of netroots-style support from blogging and social networking communities, featuring presences on Facebook, Twitter and similar sites.
Glance is designed as a web-based, cross-platform remote desktop application with several levels of redundancy to avoid disconnections. These are both physical and electronic; Glance's internet traffic travels through two geographically distinct colocation centers, one in Massachusetts and another in California.
In October 2008, Glance released version 2.4. It allowed Glance account holders to either show their screen to others, as they had been able to do previously, or view their guest's screen. This additional mode allows Glance to function as a remote support program.
In January 2012, Lucid Meetings integrated Glance's service as part of its offering. Lucid users integrate Glance sessions into their own meetings allowing participants to share their screen to any desktop or mobile device.
In November 2013, Glance Networks Announces Availability of Panorama for Salesforce.com's Sales & Service Cloud.
In January 2007, the company received an award from the Small Business Technology Magazine as "Product To Watch For 2006". In 2009, Glance Networks was ranked 56th in the Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, Massachusetts and New Hampshire region. In 2010, Glance Networks was named in Lead411's Hottest Boston Companies List.
- Christopher Calnan (February 19, 2007). "Dimdim looks bright with new funds". Mass High Tech. Boston Business Journal. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- Jessica Tsai (August 14, 2007). "Come In and Take a Glance". Destination CRM. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "Glance Networks, Inc.". Private company profile. Business Week. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- Rich Tehrani (September 28, 2005). "Glance Networks". Blog. TMC.net. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- Robert P. Lipschutz (March 2, 2005). "Glance Review and Rating". PC Magazine. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "Comments submitted to FCC Hearing at Harvard Law School". CEO Rich Baker's blog. February 26, 2008. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- Glance.net FAQ
- Judi Sohn (January 17, 2007). "Glance Networks Offers Screen Sharing For the Rest of Us". GigaOm blog. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- Rob Buckley (May 22, 2007). "Glance". MacLife. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- NetworkWorld Community
- "Glance Announces 1 to 1 Remote PC Tech Support and Training". Archived from the original on February 9, 2009. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "Lucid Meetings Integrates Glance Instant Screen Sharing Into Virtual Meeting Service". January 12, 2012.
- Glance Networks, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek. Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved on 2014-03-16.
- Small Business Technology Magazine’s Best of the Year Issue
- Glance Networks Company Profile
- Lead411 2010 Winners