Official band photo.
|Genres||Indie rock, psychedelic pop, trip hop|
The four members of Glass Animals have known each other since the age of fourteen, but they only started making music together after they finished school and Dave Bayley showed the other members the music he made and asked them to be in a band. After the release of the EP Leaflings they decided to take it slow and focus on their university degree for a year. In 2013 they came in contact with Paul Epworth, an English music producer, and they signed with his label Wolf Tone. After 2 EPs, 3 singles, a tour with St. Vincent and a performance at SXSW 2014, they announced they would release their first album Zaba in June 2014.
|Zaba||Released 9th June 2014 (UK)|
|Australian Albums (ARIA)||12|
- Glass Animals (New band of the day No 1,635), by Paul Lester; at The Guardian, London, Thursday 7 November 2013 07.00 GMT. Retrieved on 28 February 2014.
- Glass Animals Line Up Debut Album 'ZABA', by Robin Murray, at Clash Magazine, London, Tuesday 18 November 2014. Retrieved on 20 February 2014.
- WATCH: Glass Animals - Gooey , by Laurie Tuffrey, at The Quietus, London 24 February 2014. Retrieved on 28 February 2014.
- SXSW 2014 Reviews: Coldplay, Chance the Rapper, London Grammar, Imagine Dragons, by Sasha Geffen, at Consequence of Sound , London, Wednesday 12 March 2014.
- "Glass Animals – Zaba". Australiancharts.com. Hung Medien.