The Glass City Rollers (GCR) is a roller derby league based in Toledo, Ohio. Founded in 2007, the league currently consists of a single team which competes against teams from other leagues.
By late 2009, the league had twenty skaters, and it opened its first season in October by playing the Fox Cityz Foxz. The league later inspired the founding of the Sandusky Rollergirls.
Glass City was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program in April 2010, and became a full member of the WFTDA in March 2012.
- ^ Ann Weber, "On a roll again: The Glass City Rollers bring flat-track derby competition to Toledo", Toledo Blade, September 6, 2009
- ^ "Toledo's Glass City Rollers to open inaugural season", Toledo Blade, October 29, 2009
- ^ Kelly Metz, "Derby not a trend or fad, it’s a way of life", The Morning Journal, April 3, 2011
- ^ "WFTDA Apprentice Program Welcomes 13 New Leagues", WFTDA, 8 April 2010
- ^ "WFTDA Welcomes 14 New Member Leagues", 1 March 2012