Glass run channel
A glass run channel is a groove, normally made of rubber or plastic, that is found around windows (most commonly car windows). The primary purpose of a glass run channel is to provide a seal for the window, though the channel also serves as a groove into which broken glass can fall, making it easier to remove broken glass later on.[Note 1]
Owing to the small nature of the channel, glass run channels can prove difficult to clean (or to remove glass from) without the use of a specialised cleaner.
- This is normally done with the aid of a glass run channel cleaner.
- ["http://detail.en.china.cn/provide/detail,1001674346.html"] TA HU ENTERPRISE CO LTD, Taiwan Glass Run Channel Friday 20th April 2012
- ["http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts/59/chevrolet/truck/door_seals/door_window_glass_run_channel.html?3593=7914"] Car Parts Discount, 1959 Chevy Truck Door Window Glass Run Channel Friday 20th April 2012
- ["http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts/59/chevrolet/truck/door_seals/window_felt_glass_run_channel_kit.html?3593=8559"] Car Parts Discount, 1959 Chevy Truck Door Window Glass Run Channel Friday 20th April 2012
- ["http://www.amazon.co.uk/Glass-Run-Channel-Cleaner-250mm/dp/B000R9VPTO"] Amazon, Glass run channel cleaner Friday 20th April 2012
|This article about an automotive part or component is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|