Glassdoor is a US-based "job and career site where employees anonymously dish on the pros and cons of their companies and bosses". Launched in 2008, its ratings of CEOs and workplaces based on collating these reviews are widely reported, and in 2013 the site's annual Employees' Choice Awards were described as "well-respected" by the Daily Telegraph.
According to BusinessWeek, "Glassdoor verified that the reviews came from real employees through technological checks of e-mail addresses and through screenings by a content management team." In 2013 Glassdoor said that "About 15 to 20 per cent of the content that is submitted to Glassdoor is actually rejected because it either doesn't meet our community guidelines or it appears suspicious."
In 2010 Glassdoor launched "Enhanced Employer Profiles", which allows employers to pay monthly fees to include "official corporate biographies, job listings and corporate Twitter feeds, alongside the untamed voices of their workers". In 2012 it raised $20m of venture capital to support expansion outside the United States, taking its total outside funding to $42.2m.
The site has been mentioned by the Wall Street Journal as contributing to a wider trend: "Sites where people post salaries and other feedback about employers, such as Glassdoor.com, also contribute to the sense that pay is no longer a private issue."
In April 2013, Glassdoor won an Red Herring North America Award for Social Media Innovation at the 17th Annual Webby awards.
- Associated Press, March 29, 2013, cbc.ca, Employees rate their employers, CEOs on Glassdoor
- Erik Schonfeld, TechCrunch, June 10, 2008, At Glassdoor, Find Out How Much People Really Make At Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, And Everywhere Else.
- Rob Grant, Daily Telegraph, April 8, 2013, Facebook voted world's best employer
- Vanessa Wong, BusinessWeek, March 18, 2013, Why Employees Like Zuckerberg (and Other Popular CEOs)
- Calgary Herald, April 10, 2013, Website lets workers rate their bosses anonymously
- Nick Wingfield, Wall Street Journal, June 23, 2010, Employers Sound Off on Company Review Site
- Sarah Perez, TechCrunch, October 31, 2012, Glassdoor Raises $20M Series D To Expand Internationally
- Lauren Weber and Rachel Emma Silverman, Wall Street Journal, April 16, 2013, Workers Share Their Salary Secrets
- Shayon, Sheila (April 23, 2013). "Tumblr, Nike Lead Brand Winners in 2013 Webby Awards". Brandchannel.com. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|