|Birth name||Charles Phillip Ivory Penniman|
December 10, 1979 |
Watts, Los Angeles, California, United States
|Labels||Suburban Noize, Blu Division, Hoo-Bangin', Cash Money, Republic|
|Associated acts||Akon, Mack 10, Big Scoob, Birdman, Lil Wayne, Red Cafe|
Glasses Malone grew up in the Watts and Compton neighborhoods in Los Angeles County. His mother served a 25-year sentence in prison for selling narcotics, and Malone was a Crip gang member as a teenager.
Traditionally associated with The Black Wall Street Records despite the fact that most the artists on the record label were affiliated with the Bloods, Malone signed with the record label, but later signed with Cash Money Records in 2011, turning down offers from many labels like Def Jam Records, Interscope Records, J Records and Atlantic Records. Glasses Malone was found by the same record executive that found The Game. Along with his signing, he was also given his own imprint, Blu Division. G. Malone debuted with mixtapes The Crack Mixtape (2003) and White Lightnin...Sticks (2005). White Lightnin...Sticks sold 50,000 copies and included the popular street single "Two Hunned".
Glasses Malone appeared in the music video for Tha Dogg Pound's single "Cali Iz Active' and also makes a cameo appearance in the Tech N9ne video "Like Yeah". He also appeared on the soundtrack to Madden 2007 with a song called "Right Now" which was produced by Scott Storch. On August 4, 2006 Glasses Malone appeared on MTV's You Hear It First.
Malone's first album, Beach Cruiser, was originally scheduled to come out on February 20, 2007. However, due to a change in record labels, Malone signed a new deal with Cash Money Records and Hoo-Bangin' Records and his album release scheduled tentatively for April 2008. Two singles from the album debuted in 2008: "Certified" featuring Akon and "Haterz" featuring Birdman and Lil Wayne. His album will now be release on Aug. 29th 2011. although it was leaked on the internet on Aug. 24. In his album G. Malone dedicated a song to American rapper T.I. called Call Me T.I. .
In late 2009, Malone accompanied Tech N9ne and hip-hop supergroup Slaughterhouse on the K.O.D Tour. Malone was featured on former Cash Money R&B singer TQ's 7th studio album Kind of Blue in 2010. Glasses Malone is also found in a specific version of Twiztid's 2012 album Abominationz.
He appeared on Big B new album Good Times & Bad Advice in a song titled "Live Your Life" https://www.myspace.com/hooliganbigb
- The Division
Glasses Malone is producing and starring in his own film titled "The Division". The film was written by Malcolm Mays and is set to be directed by Max Albert in January 2011, according to The Boombox.
- Studio albums
- Beach Cruiser (2011)
- Glass House 2 (2013)
- Collaboration albums
- Money Music (with Mack 10) (2011)
- The Crack Mixtape (2003)
- White Lighting (Sticks) (2005)
- DJ Skee & Dow Jones presents: The Electric Chair (2007)
- Fuck Glasses Malone (2008)
- DJ Greg Street & Glasses Malone presents 2010 (2009)
- Nightmare on Seven Street (2009)
- Drive-By Muzik (2010)
- The Dope Mixtape (2011)
- Glass House (2012)
|U.S. R&B||U.S. Rap|
|2007||"Certified" (featuring Akon)||85||24||Beach Cruiser|
|2008||"Haterz" (featuring Birdman & Lil Wayne)||—||—|
|2009||"Til Da Sun Come Up" (featuring Birdman, Rick Ross & T-Pain)||94||—|
|2010||"I Get Doe" (featuring The Cataracs)||—||—|
|2012||"That Good" (featuring Ty $ & C Ballin)||—||—||Glass House 2|
|2013||"Get Busy" (featuring Tyga)||—||—||Glass House 2|
- "Search: Penniman, Charles". California Birth Index. Retrieved April 17, 2011.
- "Glasses Malone biography". Empire Distribution. 2008. Retrieved April 15, 2011. "On his major label debut album, 29-year-old underground rap sensation Glasses Malone delivers a sonic opus that features the Watts, CA lyricist offering a conceptual gem."
- Cordor, Cyril (2008). "Glasses Malone > Biography". allmusic. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- Weinstein, Farrah (2006-08-04). "Glasses Malone". You Hear It First (MTV News). Retrieved 2007-04-26.
- "Glasses Malone signs a 1.7 Million Dollar deal with Sony Urban Music Group and Big Ego Entertainment". Retrieved 2006-08-25.
- Underground Soldiers - MochaCityTV - Music Videos, Movie Trailers and Original Shows
- http://theboombox.com/ "GLASSES MALONE WRITING AND PRODUCING COP FLICK" - December 23, 2010 By : Latifah Muhammad
- [dead link]
- [dead link]